Sons' sorrow

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It was the same with ourselves at East End Park. And I'm convinced it was hotter last night. My car had shown 27 degrees on the way to the game.

I'm not really sure if it's just a case of a referee wanting to stamp down his authority, or if he genuinely didn't think it was necessary. But it seemed a bit of an odd one. You'd think him and his assistants might've wanted one too!

We has a water break at EK, and would imagine it was a couple of degrees cooler than that.

Seems like madness considering the players' welfare is at stake.

There is nothing in the laws of the game that say there needs to be a drinks break. It can be requested but if one team or the ref says no then it won't happen. Its ultimately at the referees discretion. That being said, It should be granted in these conditions 

On 19/07/2021 at 16:00, Jan Vojáček said:

I suspect we'll play a 4-2-31 (or variation on it),

As it reads that would give us a more than three players to one advantage all over the pitch. We'd surely win a few games that way. (As long as the ref doesn't notice.)

1 minute ago, Lichtie78 said:

Don’t think he played much but how was Chris Hamilton for dumbarton?

Chris Hamilton came to us as a centre-back who Robbie Neilson wanted to try and mould into a defensive midfielder. 

Naturally we played him as a winger.

As a winger he was, erm, I guess okay considering he was actually a centre-half. He scored a cracking goal on his debut, was generally hard as nails and really quick. But he clearly didn't have the quality on the ball to be an attacking player. So quite why we persevered with him there I'm not fully sure.

For me he's a defender. He's really small for a centre-half, but he's good in the air and a decent tackler (if prone to absolutely flying in sometimes). I think he'd do a good job for you at centre-half and would probably be quite a decent full-back. He's probably got the qualities to be a reasonable enough CDM as well, but he didn't play a great deal there for us.

Good luck to him. I'd say Nick McAllister (now at Ayr United) who we effectively replaced him with is a considerably better player, but that's no slight on Hamilton at all given how good McAllister was.

25 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Good to see positivity from Faz on the website - let's hope it translates into a decent start in the league.

Glad to see him acknowledge that a striker costs money and he has a couple of targets, hopefully means he's kept a wedge behind to sign someone who'll do a bit more than come off the bench for the last 20 minutes.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

My suggestion didn't make the poll, so I not voting in protest.  That'll show 'em.

In fact, having read @The Moonster's post, I've not voted 50 times.  That'll REALLY show 'em.

You mean they had more suggestions? Given the number of options I presumed that they had just stuck everything up to be voted on

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I've never heard this song, so it won't be getting my vote. 

I'm Horny, horny horny horny (for goals). 

It's filthy as f**k.

I completely hate the notion of a goal song aswell so I fired up a host of ridiculous suggestions and I'm glad 90 percent of them ended up on the voting list. 

Edited by the snudge

2 hours ago, the snudge said:

It's filthy as f**k.

I completely hate the notion of a goal song aswell so I fired up a host of ridiculous suggestions and I'm glad 90 percent of them ended up on the voting list. 

I did wonder where the hell half those suggestions came from! About as far away from goal songs as you can get 🤣  a bit of Horny every time Buchanan gets his big napper on a cross will go down nicely!