Sons' sorrow

Please someone tell me something positive about Jaime Wilson because at the moment I've certainly not got very high hopes..
Only time will tell. He didn't do much for us other than alot of running. Although our team had zero creativity last season.

He could well bang in 15 goals a season if he is supplied with chances but I'm not totally convinced. I'm very surprised he's been offered a 2 year deal.

12 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Please someone tell me something positive about Jaime Wilson because at the moment I've certainly not got very high hopes..

He is a decent finisher and he works hard. If he can sit on the last defender all game and get onto through balls he'll get you some goals. I wouldn't expect much else. Most here would've kept him as a back up option but I'm not sure I'd take him now over the guys we've got.

2 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

He definitely has talent and in the right team could be very effective.The way we played last season did him zero favours.He was worth a punt but its a case of wait and see what he can do with Falkirk.

The only positive we can give is that several strikers have had a poor spell at Dumbarton but then gone on a prolific scoring run elsewhere, e.g. Kevin Nisbet, Eamonn Brophy. I suspect there's a player in there somewhere and he could be successful with the right team. Whether Falkirk is that team though...[emoji848]

Game off tomorrow. We've had a player test positive for covid and we can't fulfil the fixture. St Mirren have been awarded a 3-0 win.

Hopefully the player is asymptomatic and makes a full recovery.

1 minute ago, microdave said:

Game off tomorrow. We've had a player test positive for covid and we can't fulfil the fixture. St Mirren have been awarded a 3-0 win.

Hopefully the player is asymptomatic and makes a full recovery.

Almost certainly will but this is the second game thats come a cropper and i doubt the last.Very difficult to play in these circumstances.Restrictions should be maintained until all adults are vaccinated as lives are at risk.Its really insane.

That’s an absolute pest.

I’m assuming that this is impacting one player and has happened late in the day, hence the cancellation, which makes it all the more frustrating. We obviously had Hopkirk and Stokes isolating earlier in pre-season but still played games.

Hopefully nobody else in the squad has caught it. If we’ve had a full County style outbreak then I’d guess the League Cup will effectively be over.

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

That’s an absolute pest.

I’m assuming that this is impacting one player and has happened late in the day, hence the cancellation, which makes it all the more frustrating. We obviously had Hopkirk and Stokes isolating earlier in pre-season but still played games.

Hopefully nobody else in the squad has caught it. If we’ve had a full County style outbreak then I’d guess the League Cup will effectively be over.

Thing is Jan this could become a recurring theme.We have a potential signing target who is on holiday.If it is abroad then most countries have relaxed laws because they are desperate for the tourism.In Spain its rife and shortly restrictions will be re-applied.It is our first case because there were restrictions before but once a Govt gives the green light people seem to think they can do whatever they want.The repercussions are huge for people's health as well as the day to day survival of clubs like ours.This will be a financial blow.No doubt about that.

3 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Thing is Jan this could become a recurring theme.We have a potential signing target who is on holiday.If it is abroad then most countries have relaxed laws because they are desperate for the tourism.In Spain its rife and shortly restrictions will be re-applied.It is our first case because there were restrictions before but once a Govt gives the green light people seem to think they can do whatever they want.The repercussions are huge for people's health as well as the day to day survival of clubs like ours.This will be a financial blow.No doubt about that.

What you wanting folk to do? Live in a personal biodome for the rest of eternity? I’d be surprised if there are any high risk people in the entire country who haven’t two doses of the vaccine now.

8 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

That’s an absolute pest.

I freely admit that I can't keep up with the regulations but I suspect the League Cup probably is already toast.  I'm assuming the Stenny game is now also in doubt ?

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I freely admit that I can't keep up with the regulations but I suspect the League Cup probably is already toast.  I'm assuming the Stenny game is now also in doubt ?

It would depend on when they tested positive and whether or not any other players have tested positive.

If the positive test was last week and the possible exposure was Saturday then the whole squad returning negative tests at the start of next week would possibly be enough.

4 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Scotland had the highest Covid rates in Europe as recent as last week so I'm not sure it's fair to be pointing our fingers elsewhere. You're more like to catch it in Bargeddie than Barcelona at the moment I'd imagine.

It's not our first case either. We had players isolating last season and we've had two isolating already this season. That's just a consequence of more things being open, more players (and their families) being back at work and more families and friends spending time together. The other option is unthinkable - or certainly is for me anyway. There's no way I can go through another year in lockdown. 

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I'm really not sure to be honest. My take would be that a player tested positive today/yesterday and now there isn't time to get the entire squad PCR tested in time for kick off tomorrow. So the game is forfeited. 

I'd like to think that a negative round of PCRs should be enough for Tuesday. But who knows at the moment.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

What you wanting folk to do? Live in a personal biodome for the rest of eternity? I’d be surprised if there are any high risk people in the entire country who haven’t two doses of the vaccine now.

Most footballers who are in their teens /20's have very probably not been vaccinated.Restrictions could be lifted when adults have been vaccinated. E.g my nephew who is 29 still hasnt been contacted for vaccination( 1st dose) so there is still a sizeable part of the population that hasnt been vaccinated.

I may be wrong but having a vaccine reduces considerably ( although does not eliminate)  transmission rates..That is the point.

1 minute ago, lorenzo71 said:

Most footballers who are in their teens /20's have very probably not been vaccinated.Restrictions could be lifted when adults have been vaccinated. E.g my nephew who is 29 still hasnt been contacted for vaccination( 1st dose) so there is still a sizeable part of the population that hasnt been vaccinated.

I may be wrong but having a vaccine reduces considerably ( although does not eliminate)  transmission rates..That is the point.

If I was your nephew I'd be getting to a drop in if he still hasn't heard. I'm 23 and my brother is 20 and we both got ours yesterday. My girlfriend and 19 y/o brother got theirs about three weeks ago.

My arm is killing me and I feel like I've been hit by a bus mind you. So warn him about side effects!

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Scotland had the highest Covid rates in Europe as recent as last week so I'm not sure it's fair to be pointing our fingers elsewhere. You're more like to catch it in Bargeddie than Barcelona at the moment I'd imagine.

It's not our first case either. We had players isolating last season and we've had two isolating already this season. That's just a consequence of more things being open, more players (and their families) being back at work and more families and friends spending time together. The other option is unthinkable - or certainly is for me anyway. There's no way I can go through another year in lockdown. 

I'm really not sure to be honest. My take would be that a player tested positive today/yesterday and now there isn't time to get the entire squad PCR tested in time for kick off tomorrow. So the game is forfeited. 

I'd like to think that a negative round of PCRs should be enough for Tuesday. But who knows at the moment.

Thats no longer the case I believe.Cases in Spain in Italy are rising but likely to explode now that tourism is in full swing.The main groupbeing 18-30 most of whom won't have been vaccinated.