Sons' sorrow

20 hours ago, Sons Fan said:

I went to the last two friendlies and it wasn’t that bad. You have to put up with an overzealous Steward reminding people to have a mask on while never having a mask on but apart from that no real issue.

Having to wear a mask is ludicrous and I'd guess that will be the club's doing.

Just now, Nowhereman said:

Having to wear a mask is ludicrous and I'd guess that will be the club's doing.

Mask was recommended at the Pollok v Talbot game I attended.

But the 250 crowd was able to turn up, hand over their ticket (well, put it in a box rather than handing it to a person) and get access to the ground. No hot food available but soft drinks and crisps were on sale within Newlandsfield. 

Get this cup to f**k.

1st round v Rangers B.

Winner plays Ayr United.

Ayr United wouldn't be a terrible game. but that could have been a Betfred Cup group game and it could be a Scottish Cup game.

I want a bit of interest in this cup. If it's a chance for lower league sides to win a trophy then make it all about lower league teams. Imagine the buzz if we'd drawn Clydebank? Or if Queens Park had drawn Pollok. With the junior sides now stepping up to tier 6, there would be some fantastic games in a cup competition that was contested solely between tiers 3 to 6. Junior cup final used to draw thousands. Look at the numbers we took to Perth. There would be a chance for some proper unexpected away games and opponents that we'd never otherwise play. The gap between the best former junior sides and League One isnt huge. You could see the likes of Talbot making the finals and playing against a League One team in front of a healthy crowd. It would be a genuine chance of a trophy and the feel good that fans get from a cup run and from winning something.

But naw. Rangers B. Utter pish.

13 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I want a bit of interest in this cup. If it's a chance for lower league sides to win a trophy then make it all about lower league teams.

Unfortunately the Powers that Be decided to make this about the B/Colts/U21s a few years ago and others are happy to give them top billing in hopes it brings in extra interest.

image.thumb.png.fe79a4ec7783fc62bb193f4ead736382.png

I’ll also add that I’ll be giving the cup game with the colts a miss and would expect most fans to do likewise. We’re told having colt teams in the lower leagues will see increased crowds. Let’s see how that pans out in reality. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/dumbarton-fc-boss-league-cup-24469304

Faz saying there we signed another over the weekend (someone he has worked with before) and it will be announced when he's back from holiday. Time to play the guessing game! 

Given we're crying out for a striker, I would hope this guy is that. Faz has only managed at two clubs so there surely can't be too many players that fit the bill here. 

Good to see that the initial reaction to the cup draw is fans saying they won't be going. I'd really like to see no-one turn up but that wont happen. i seem to remember there was two or three hundred the last time we played them. Hopefully less this time

24 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/dumbarton-fc-boss-league-cup-24469304

Faz saying there we signed another over the weekend (someone he has worked with before) and it will be announced when he's back from holiday. Time to play the guessing game! 

Given we're crying out for a striker, I would hope this guy is that. Faz has only managed at two clubs so there surely can't be too many players that fit the bill here. 

If there’s one man who can surely figure this out it’s @Jan Vojáček 

6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If there’s one man who can surely figure this out it’s @Jan Vojáček 

See I thought Andy Galloway would be the man, but even he couldn't. Or he was bluffing.

Either way I've been through a host of old Stranraer squads and I have no clue who it could be.

Anyone any idea how much money rangers are paying to use the stadium?

Wondering if that has helped us dish out multi year contracts.  Only player before this season to get one in my lifetime has been Jordan Kirkpatrick (I think).

When did it change from U21 Colts to B teams? Were they annoyed at getting cuffed in the first round every year and wanted to add more senior players to ensure passage through?