Sons' sorrow

38 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Am I correct that the last competitive meeting of the clubs was a 2-0 League Cup win for Sons at the Rock on the evening of the 9/11 attack in NYC ?

A shell of a club by that time,playing out of Cappielow still owned by Hall and being run by a football agent!

Thank god for fan ownership.

Hugh Harra 

Hi All, 

so glad to have come across this forum. My grandfather, Hugh Harra sadly passed away a few years ago which a lot of you will know. He followed the club until the end and it was a very special time in his life.  It would be great if any of you have memories or pictures to share.  Many thanks, Zoelisa Harra

7 hours ago, Zoelisaharra said:

Hugh Harra 

Hi All, 

so glad to have come across this forum. My grandfather, Hugh Harra sadly passed away a few years ago which a lot of you will know. He followed the club until the end and it was a very special time in his life.  It would be great if any of you have memories or pictures to share.  Many thanks, Zoelisa Harra

To use what is now an old-fashioned football term, the trio of Ronnie Curran, Bobby Johnstone and Hughie Harra remains the hardest half-back line I've ever seen in a Dumbarton team.  Those of us of a certain age have many fond memories of these times.

For those of you watching on the stream, it will be myself and Paddy once again today. Chris is having to self-isolate.

Younger Jan is also set to be on the bench for the Bankies. Or at least he was when I spoke to him yesterday. So if he ends up coming on at any point then that will be a bit surreal.

13 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

For those of you watching on the stream, it will be myself and Paddy once again today. Chris is having to self-isolate.

Younger Jan is also set to be on the bench for the Bankies. Or at least he was when I spoke to him yesterday. So if he ends up coming on at any point then that will be a bit surreal.

Who is young Jan?

9 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

My brother, Max Clarke. He plays for the 20s but has been sub keeper a few times in the last few weeks. Came on late against St Peter's a few weeks back.

The other 20s GK Jamie Stevenson was playing last night so good chance Max will be on the bench.

Sounds like a hard working utility man, meh. I still think we’re looking really weak at full back and up front, i’m not sure a hard working utility player massively improves that, nor does the guy from Elgin who’s supposedly signing. Hopefully there’s some quality to come to back up the playoff chat.

Any reason we keep listing Erskine as a trialist despite him being signed? Or do we actually have a trialist keeper in today? 

Pignatiello seems a solid enough addition but we have plenty of midfielders, Lynch and Geggan can play right back too so unless he's signed him to start at right back I'm struggling with where he fits in. Hopefully he starts today and we get a better idea of where Faz sees him playing. Not sure squad players are really what we need now though, we need some strikers as Orsi is the only one who can play as a number 9.