Sons' sorrow

2 hours ago, port-ton said:

Commentator saying we are too one dimensional. Glad to see we've added a new dimension to our game from last season.

This gave me a laugh at half-time. Morton really were dreadful in the first-half. Improved as the game went on though, and the younger players made a difference. 

24 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I wasn’t at the stadium this evening but it was good to see us in live action for the first time in a while. It was hard to judge us given how many trialists were on show but I thought Duthie, Geggan, Orsi and Buchanan had decent games and it was nice to McKee back in a Sons shirt. 

Jan and Paddy were like Ant and Dec/Kane and Nish/Ike and Tina/Flannery and Brown. What a duo. I think yer man Chris might struggle to get back into the hotseat after that. 

Cheers! I must admit I was nervous for tonight have never done anything like this before, but Paddy really settled me down like a true experienced pro. He knew when to come in, his insight was interesting, his stories were enjoyable - and I loved when he said Geggan would pour a vodka and coke into his ice pack.

I also really enjoyed listening to him analysing individual periods of play. He went to town on Morton in the first-half, and rightly so. The football they were playing was worth of us last season.

From a Sons perspective I was pleased with the performance. We looked a threat going forward, created chances and our shape was decent. Defensively Sam only really had one big save to make - but he made it quite brilliantly.

Faz is hoping to add to the squad this week and is keen to get David Wilson on board. Based on his showings so far in an unnatural position to him, I'd be pleased with that.

6 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

This gave me a laugh at half-time. Morton really were dreadful in the first-half. Improved as the game went on though, and the younger players made a difference. 

Cheers! I must admit I was nervous for tonight have never done anything like this before, but Paddy really settled me down like a true experienced pro. He knew when to come in, his insight was interesting, his stories were enjoyable - and I loved when he said Geggan would pour a vodka and coke into his ice pack.

I also really enjoyed listening to him analysing individual periods of play. He went to town on Morton in the first-half, and rightly so. The football they were playing was worth of us last season.

From a Sons perspective I was pleased with the performance. We looked a threat going forward, created chances and our shape was decent. Defensively Sam only really had one big save to make - but he made it quite brilliantly.

Faz is hoping to add to the squad this week and is keen to get David Wilson on board. Based on his showings so far in an unnatural position to him, I'd be pleased with that.

Any idea of the trialists for us tonight? I know we had Botti Biabi and the first keeper, but no idea of the others! 

10 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Any info on the players who are injured?Is it a case of niggles or rory loy time?

19 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Any info on the players who are injured?Is it a case of niggles or rory loy time?

They were all taken off as a precaution. I suspect, if it had been an important competitive game, then all three could've played on - but Faz wasn't taking any risks at all. As soon as anyone felt anything they had to come off.

Hoppy and Stokes are both self-isolating after close contacts tested positive. So they should be back in a week or so all being well.

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

They were all taken off as a precaution. I suspect, if it had been an important competitive game, then all three could've played on - but Faz wasn't taking any risks at all. As soon as anyone felt anything they had to come off.

Hoppy and Stokes are both self-isolating after close contacts tested positive. So they should be back in a week or so all being well.

Thanks Jan. In your opinion what are we missing in terms of personnel and in what positions?

1 hour ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

Guys just to let you know you are more than welcome to come down to the Rock Bowling Club for a refreshment or 2 before or after the game tomorrow. That goes for Clydebank fans as well. emoji106.pngemoji481.png

Home fans only for some bizarre reason 

2 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

Home fans only for some bizarre reason 

We're limited to something like 300 in the stadium, hence tickets only went on sale to home fans - who would've kicked up a fuss if they missed out and 300 fast acting Bankies got in!

I saw tickets were on general sale the other day though, so it might be worth an email to the club now if you/any other Bankies fans fancied it?

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4988

32 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

We're limited to something like 300 in the stadium, hence tickets only went on sale to home fans - who would've kicked up a fuss if they missed out and 300 fast acting Bankies got in!

I saw tickets were on general sale the other day though, so it might be worth an email to the club now if you/any other Bankies fans fancied it?

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4988

It still says home fans only

1 minute ago, Bankies Alive said:

It still says home fans only

It's alright, we're a friendly bunch. You should escape relatively unharmed ;) 

We had quite a few neutrals along on Tuesday night, so I'd rather see some Bankies fans getting a chance to see their side than neutrals. If you turn up with a Nicky Little mask and red and white face paint then you might get turned away by an over protective steward. Otherwise I can't see there being any issue at all.

3 hours ago, the snudge said:

Aye you'll be fine cmon down

the welcoming of the Bankie fans got me thinking. Has Dumbarton v Clydebank ever really been a "proper" derby?

Maybe its just me or my age but I don't remember it being much of a thing, griowing up my mate was a Bankie, so I attended a few memorable games at Kilbowie as well.  my away match experience was mostly in the 90s and seem to remember our encounters at Cappielow  having more of that derby edge than with Clydebank. 

How often have we actually been in the same division?

37 minutes ago, Dylangt7 said:

the welcoming of the Bankie fans got me thinking. Has Dumbarton v Clydebank ever really been a "proper" derby?

Maybe its just me or my age but I don't remember it being much of a thing, griowing up my mate was a Bankie, so I attended a few memorable games at Kilbowie as well.  my away match experience was mostly in the 90s and seem to remember our encounters at Cappielow  having more of that derby edge than with Clydebank. 

We've shared a division with them on 30 occasions with between 1917/18 and 1995/96.

2 hours ago, Dylangt7 said:

It's probably not there for a whole generation of people given what happened to Clydebank but it's still a derby. I honestly can't wait to play them competitively, it's a great buzz having a derby to look forward to, something I've not felt since I was a child.