Sons' sorrow

3 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Tbf, we laughed when Raith signed Kevin Nisbet...

Some did. I always thought thought he was harshly judged based on the penalty miss and he was always going to struggle based on the fact we only had about 10% possession and created an average of 0.5 half chances per game. The football was chronic to watch and was never going to play into a young player who wants to play how he does. He also admitted later that his attitude wasn't great whilst with us but for me the key was that he was still so young. Raith was the perfect move at the perfect time for him.

In a completely different way, I feel somewhat similar about Jones. He received way too much stick when compared to some of the other jobbers we had in our squad last season.

I felt that he often offered something to the team (never a direct goal threat though...)

That being said, he isn't really good enough for this level in my opinion and I expected him to end up in the league below ours.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

You're spot on. He was the trialist left-back who had an absolute shocker of a time.

The blondey/gingery trialist is David Wilson, formerly of Elgin City. 

Always been a centre back from my recollection which may be part of the issue.

Mind seeing him as a 16 y/o for our development team and he definitely had potential.