Sons' sorrow

12 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I see fans can attend tomorrow night. Not that I would given the Scotland game but EK voted for colts eh? They can away f**k themselves. 

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Do Thistle not rent their stadium out to colt sides on the regular too? Wind yer neck in. 

Also, it wasn't 1 weird guy getting a flag made, your fucking chairwomen helped them make it, following a hilarious national court case from which your club walked away from with a well skelped arse. 

Quite a turnaround in 12 hours, f**k EK for voting them in but not Dumbarton for accommodating them.

Can't seem to remember Thistle doing anything which helps colt teams play in the Lowland League tbh.

11 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I’m not into this.

However, if what I’ve been told is correct, this will see Rangers groundstaff looking after the pitch in the coming season. And that can only be a good thing given how poor it was last season.

If it results in extra cash and a good pitch then I might not like it, but I’ll have to go along with it.

I asked the question to one of the Ibrox groundstaff and he is pretty adamant they will not be looking after the pitch.

7 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

I asked the question to one of the Ibrox groundstaff and he is pretty adamant they will not be looking after the pitch.

Whoever is maintaining the pitch, to effectively have a match every week on it his looks like a very ill-judged arrangement to me, especially over the winter months.  And I'd be surprised if there was any meaningful money involved.

19 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

One of my best pals from school is on the groundstaff there and he said they've been asked to work games at the Rock. He's none too pleased about it!

Anyway. Onto tonight. It was a typical friendly. We scored a neatly worked goal thanks to good work between David Hopkirk and Kalvin Orsi. 

EK, to their credit, looked a threat - and got the leveller from the penalty spot. Edin Lynch kind of collided with their player. Everyone thought the referee had blown for offside. But he pointed to the spot.

In the second-half a raft of subs came on. The only one I recognised was David Wilson, formerly of Elgin City who came on and looked steady at RB. 

Cammy Elliot for EK was giving us a torrid time. Especially the trialist LB who struggled big time. He turned him inside out and fired over a cracking cross for Craig Malcolm to nod in.

Sam Ramsbottom made a cracking point black save from Malcolm and David Hopkirk had a goal ruled out for offside. And that was about that.

I fired some ratings to my bother. So here they are for you lot.

Ramsbottom - 8 commanded his area really well

Lynch - 6 runs funny
McGeever - 6 classic McGeever early in the season season. Slack touches
Buchanan - 7 - The same as when he left
Trialist LB - 1 - Hilariously bad.

Duthie - 7 - Best I've seen him play. Looks incredibly fit. Pre-season has done him the world of good.
Paton - 7 - Gains a point for a glorious slide tackle. Hard as nails.
Geggan - 3 Looked like a guy who has barely played in the past year. A second late to everything. 
Stokes 6.5 - Very neat and tidy. The sort of player we lacked last year. Took a knock and went off early in the second half.

Hopkirk - 8 Our best outfield player imo. Set up the goal, very quick, tricky, direct and hardworking
Orsi - 7 - Will be a decent asset to us based on that. Works hard, strong and scored a poachers goal. Encouraged by his showing.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

6 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Whoever is maintaining the pitch, to effectively have a match every week on it his looks like a very ill-judged arrangement to me, especially over the winter months.  And I'd be surprised if there was any meaningful money involved.

Apparently they are spending a bit of money on it but nowhere near enough for it to survive that amount of games. He will be praying for a dry mild winter. 

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Any of the trialists in the second half look worth another look, Jan?

Aye. Big David Wilson looks like he could be a solid addition, and there was a guy we brought on who buzzed between CM and RW who looked handy. Young, but was very vocal and not afraid to put himself about.

I wouldn't mind another look at all of them, the LB aside. 

7 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Aye. Big David Wilson looks like he could be a solid addition, and there was a guy we brought on who buzzed between CM and RW who looked handy. Young, but was very vocal and not afraid to put himself about.

I wouldn't mind another look at all of them, the LB aside. 

You able to put any names to the faces the club posted pictures of on Facebook? Would be handy 👀

3 hours ago, DobbiesAgent said:

You able to put any names to the faces the club posted pictures of on Facebook? Would be handy 👀

Aye as BBPF says they are all signed players. So I'm afraid there would be nothing useful from me there.

I did get this photo of one of the trialists who I thought looked quite handy though. If anyone can identify him from that...

PXL_20210622_202242405.jpg

28 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Aye as BBPF says they are all signed players. So I'm afraid there would be nothing useful from me there.

I did get this photo of one of the trialists who I thought looked quite handy though. If anyone can identify him from that...

PXL_20210622_202242405.jpg

Same shape of heid as John Boyd.

But other than that...