Sons' sorrow

12 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

Anyone else surprised that the game at East Kilbride is going ahead tomorrow night ?

Not really. We've already lost one pre-season game so far, and the new squad will need all the time playing together they can get. Playing Saturday/Tuesday will be to help settle into the Betfred routine as well.  It would be daft to change it imo.

I had to work through the Scotland game last Monday and plenty of others will have been in the same situation. I'm sure the players can cope with having a game of their own to concentrate on tomorrow night. And God help any of them who call Faz tomorrow morning and say they fancy staying in and watching the game on TV instead!

Some of us will be at the K Park through choice too 😉

27 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Not really. We've already lost one pre-season game so far, and the new squad will need all the time playing together they can get. Playing Saturday/Tuesday will be to help settle into the Betfred routine as well.  It would be daft to change it imo.

I had to work through the Scotland game last Monday and plenty of others will have been in the same situation. I'm sure the players can cope with having a game of their own to concentrate on tomorrow night. And God help any of them who call Faz tomorrow morning and say they fancy staying in and watching the game on TV instead!

Some of us will be at the K Park through choice too 😉

Jan please take along your who's who of lower league football to espy any trialists.Nothing more exciting than seeing/hearing about new faces.

Some of us will be at the K Park through choice too [emoji6]

What game did we lose? I’ve not seen this [emoji52]

8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Lowland League fixtures are out, and Rangers are playing at the C&G Systems Stadium.

I will be mercenary..if that means cash for us to sign some decent players and mount a promotion bid then bring it on.

Lowland League fixtures are out, and Rangers are playing at the C&G Systems Stadium.

I’m not into this.

However, if what I’ve been told is correct, this will see Rangers groundstaff looking after the pitch in the coming season. And that can only be a good thing given how poor it was last season.

If it results in extra cash and a good pitch then I might not like it, but I’ll have to go along with it.

11 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I’m not into this.

However, if what I’ve been told is correct, this will see Rangers groundstaff looking after the pitch in the coming season. And that can only be a good thing given how poor it was last season.

If it results in extra cash and a good pitch then I might not like it, but I’ll have to go along with it.

Is it established groundstaff,  or a chance for their 'B' groundstaff to enhance their skills at an adult level, though? 😉

7 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Is it established groundstaff,  or a chance for their 'B' groundstaff to enhance their skills at an adult level, though? 😉

To be honest, their "B" groundstaff are probably much better than our current lot anyway.

If we end up with a decent pitch for the season and some money in the bank because of this then that's fine by me.

10 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

No to colt teams*

*unless they bribe us by supplying a groundsman.

What a riddy.

Very much against colt teams. This has nothing to do with accepting colt teams whatsoever. If it comes down to them applying for full league access they can take their groundman and do one.

2 minutes ago, super-son said:

Very much against colt teams. This has nothing to do with accepting colt teams whatsoever. If it comes down to them applying for full league access they can take their groundman and do one.

Aye, im not against colt teams per se. That would be against youth football.I think most though are against them playing in the senior setup.

14 minutes ago, super-son said:

Let's be clear here you're not very much against colt teams if you're happy to benefit from their inclusion in the Lowland League but only start to care when it affects your own team.

21 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

1 weird guy getting a flag made > > > > Your actual club bending over for colt teams

This is now your own version of St Mirren's Celtic shop, you may as well own it.

Do Thistle not rent their stadium out to colt sides on the regular too? Wind yer neck in. 

Also, it wasn't 1 weird guy getting a flag made, your fucking chairwomen helped them make it, following a hilarious national court case from which your club walked away from with a well skelped arse. 

Edited by The Moonster