Sons' sorrow

1 minute ago, cremola foam said:

Where are the Norwegian players?

Does Faz's signings suggest he has a bigger budget than Duffy?

The Norwegian thing would never really have been a goer unless they had "exceptional talent" and would be eligible for a work permit.

Given the level we are at, I can't see any Norwegians who qualify being able to come over.

I don't think there was any suggestion of solely Nowegian players, they said they had global contacts. If you've got global contacts you'd imagine you could find players from within the UK who might be within our budget and suitable. I'm glad the bulk of the squad is appearing to be players who know this level and the game here though. 

The budget probably is bigger, we'll be budgeting for fans back this year I'd imagine, but it's clear Faz is able to sell a vision to players better than Duffy could. 

3 minutes ago, cremola foam said:

What Faz is doing is putting in the graft and making his budget work. He’s not only selling the club to a decent standard of player, he’s offering some of them the security of a 2 year deal. 

In Duffy’s first season I know for a fact that his budget wasn’t as low as it was being made out. In his second season he had an extra 5k he didn’t bother his arse using. His approach was lazy and out of touch with what is required for a modern day lower league gaffer and he practically admitted that himself after he left.

I liked big Kalvin. Worked his ass off and seems like a nice guy. Good signing for you. I’m just thankful that he won’t be playing for us. Buchanan is shite and McKee is worse.

43 minutes ago, cremola foam said:

I think and hope it’s would be links with other clubs similar to Burnley/Ayr.

Not Norwegian but imagine linking up with Young Boys in Switzerland. We could get one or two of their promising players to help toughen them up.

I'm not going to be patronising and say that Orsi will do well for dropping down a level. There are players from our squad last season that I think that applies to, and that showed up in the playoff games, but Orsi isn't one of them. He works hard, and his movement is decent, but he's a horror show on the ball - and that will only look even worse in League One. I think he's a poor signing for any League One team that has any ambitions (even if those are merely staying up). I'd be petty surprised if he's a success at Dumbarton. 

21 minutes ago, sonsism said:

Who have we signed apart from Orsi that played for Morton last season?

They don't stop being our jobber cast-offs after one season and your new goalkeeper went from punted at Cappielow, to free agent, to getting the call from Duffy halfway through last season.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

It's hardly a shock, Morton are at the lower end of the full time market so when players drop out from there it's likely they'll find a part time gig nearby. Comparing the quick and precise moves by Faz this summer with Duffys bargain bucket last minute raid every single transfer window isn't very accurate though. 

The only difference is the speed of putting a squad together. If Duffy had stayed in charge then he'd have been targeting the exact same players (and indeed already brought one of them to the club), so it's hardly the revolutionary new approach that some are claiming then.

Edited by vikingTON

Would take morton fans comments with a pinch of salt.  Every player we have ever signed from them has been more or less laughed at by them.  Cant think of many who worked out poor.  Strange fans who apply old firm levels of pressure to their players, not surprised some may have struggled there.

Really happy with how this squad is looking.  A proper number 9 next please.

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

The only difference is the speed of putting a squad together. If Duffy had stayed in charge then he'd have been targeting the exact same players (and indeed already brought one of them to the club), so it's hardly the revolutionary new approach that some are claiming then.

Duffy might have signed a couple but it's comes across as a pretty ignorant view, there's no doubt Duffy would've kept more of last seasons rabble and would never have convinced the likes of Geggan or Paton here. I don't think anyone is seriously calling it a revolution, it's just lightyears more positive than any time Duffy has put a squad together.

Would take morton fans comments with a pinch of salt.  Every player we have ever signed from them has been more or less laughed at by them.  Cant think of many who worked out poor.  Strange fans who apply old firm levels of pressure to their players, not surprised some may have struggled there.
You're thinking of Falkirk fans shirley?

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
16 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

You're thinking of Falkirk fans shirley?

You can absolutely file them in this category too.  Maybe not as much in terms of direct player movement but for meltdowns absolutely.

56 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

I'm not going to be patronising and say that Orsi will do well for dropping down a level. There are players from our squad last season that I think that applies to, and that showed up in the playoff games, but Orsi isn't one of them. He works hard, and his movement is decent, but he's a horror show on the ball - and that will only look even worse in League One. I think he's a poor signing for any League One team that has any ambitions (even if those are merely staying up). I'd be petty surprised if he's a success at Dumbarton. 

Can we have the next Morton-supporting contestant in the 'He Was Utter Shite For Us And Will Undoubtedly Be For Yous Too' competition ?  You guys just worry about your own outfit and leave us to enjoy the novelty of watching a squad being assembled rather than arriving on a Deliveroo bike ten minutes before the start of the season.  Oh, and get the cruise ships sorted.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Comparing the quick and precise moves by Faz this summer with Duffys bargain bucket last minute raid every single transfer window isn't very accurate though. 

TBF Duffy had to wait until the PFA updated their "free agents" list in July...

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

He sounds like a League One Robert Jones. Or, put another way, Robert Jones is a Lowland League Kalvin Orsi.

sons.thumb.png.0a026efe96df63e317672df66e9d0da0.png

TBF on paper, which is obviously flawed as it misses context, he seems an upgrade on Jones in every single way, apart from aerially.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

TBF Duffy had to wait until the PFA updated their "free agents" list in July...

sons.thumb.png.0a026efe96df63e317672df66e9d0da0.png

TBF on paper, which is obviously flawed as it misses context, he seems an upgrade on Jones in every single way, apart from aerially.

Are you able to pull stats for time spent on lying down on the deck?  Or does big rabs green bar no fit the page.

6 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Can we have the next Morton-supporting contestant in the 'He Was Utter Shite For Us And Will Undoubtedly Be For Yous Too' competition ?  You guys just worry about your own outfit and leave us to enjoy the novelty of watching a squad being assembled rather than arriving on a Deliveroo bike ten minutes before the start of the season.  Oh, and get the cruise ships sorted.

I don't think you know how a multi-club forum for the entirety of Scottish football works tbh. 

6 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

Are you able to pull stats for time spent on lying down on the deck?  Or does big rabs green bar no fit the page.

Turns out there is. Hes "elite" at it.

jones.thumb.png.fc7315ea973f05aa5ff012c8a8fac581.png

I’m particularly enjoying the Falkirk fans throwing shade at Buchanan and Morton fans throwing shade and hating on orsi and McKee. 

they just wish their window was as exciting as ours, as for Morton fans comments, our signings might be poor in your eyes but keep in mind your not so far away from joining us and Falkirk who were championship main stays for 5/6 years. You could find yourself down here soon too at the rate your going...

Remind me again @virginton Is it just the one convicted sex offender you signed this season,? 👀🖕🏼