Sons' sorrow

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

To think so many folk went to bed expecting Bobby Barr to be announced this morning :lol:

To think folk got hyped about him returning 😆

If I remember right he brought a couple of WAG’s who were absolute 10’s to games with him so at least it will improve the swatch at home games 
I was sitting behind his missus at Palmerston once and she spent the entire game trying to shield the sun with her hand. Despite the fact that she had a pair of sunglasses sitting on her head!

47 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Did shiels not sign a deal for QOS ? 

Shiels has signed for Hamilton. Quite how that happened on the back of his showings for ourselves and Clyde I'm not sure; but maybe he'll end up joining Nisbet on the 'ones that got away' list. Who knows.

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Shiels has signed for Hamilton. Quite how that happened on the back of his showings for ourselves and Clyde I'm not sure; but maybe he'll end up joining Nisbet on the 'ones that got away' list. Who knows.

Yeah, I was just using it as an example for what you were saying about players signing deals for clubs having been poor elsewhere 

2 minutes ago, the snudge said:

GK in next! I wouldn't be too disappointed if it's Ramsbottom. I thought he was decent. 

Decent shot stopper. Maybe with a team on the front foot in front of him, hopefully not always playing long ball hoof ball then he might not be in the firing line so much 

Pleased to have Sam sticking around. He put in some excellent showings last season after his debut, and his mistakes were almost all down to decision making. That comes with experience, and a regular run of games will have done him the world of good.

I can see him and Eric getting on well too. Two big characters.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Pleased to have Sam sticking around. He put in some excellent showings last season after his debut, and his mistakes were almost all down to decision making. That comes with experience, and a regular run of games will have done him the world of good.

I can see him and Eric getting on well too. Two big characters.

Who’s Eric ? 

I agree he’s a good keeper and a run of games in a settled team during hopefully a less disrupted season than previously then we should see the best of him 

I'm really happy about that. Ramsbottom bounced back well from THAT error. He's very organised and vocal, good shot stopper and with capable forwards can turn defence into attack very quickly with his long kick outs. 

This has been immense from Farrell and the club. It really changes the mood when we're proactive in transfers. The social media folk have done well so kudos to them too. 

Really looking forward to this season. 

Edited by the snudge

2 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Who’s Eric ? 

I agree he’s a good keeper and a run of games in a settled team during hopefully a less disrupted season than previously then we should see the best of him 

Big Eric Phillips. Our new goalkeeper coach.

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4919

I’m really pleased with this squad building. I think we’re a top class striker and maybe another winger / wide midfielder away from having a pretty good starting eleven on paper. It’s night and day from Duffy’s recruitment.

Also good to see we’re in the 21st century and can complete deals electronically. A far cry from when we couldn’t sell season tickets as there was no-one in who could work the card machine!! 😂

Edited by C'mon_the_Sons

26 minutes ago, GordyBrow said:

I’m really pleased with this squad building. I think we’re a top class striker and maybe another winger / wide midfielder away from having a pretty good starting eleven on paper. It’s night and day from Duffy’s recruitment.

Unfortunately that top class striker role will be the hardest to fill. Agree on the squad building though. The way Faz is going about his business has been very impressive. Imagine going in to the first league cup game with a settled squad. What a time to be alive.

Someone mentioned it earlier but Buch’s WAG was an absolute 10 so I’m absolutely delighted he’s back and want have a bad word said about him. Anyone know where the WAG sectio. Will be so I can arrange my season ticket on Monday?

I don't think expectations of players are at all the same. Joe McKee has been labelled an imposter at all the same clubs (Morton, Falkirk, Queens) and he was exactly what we needed. It's not that these players suddenly get good or shite, it's that fan expectation is different at each club and they get judged differently by each set of fans. I'm willing to put my neck on the line here and say Bucky will be completely fine, if not better than Morgyn Neill was. We do need some pace at the back though.

You're getting "expectation" and "performances" mixed up here though. Joe McKee showed in one game against Alloa that he could absolutely boss a midfield. Other than that one game he was pretty anonymous in the middle of the park, he never put in any challenges and the vast majority of his long range passes went nowhere - you can't seriously be suggesting the player I describe there would meet Dumbarton expectations?

The player you got (and will almost certainly get in League 1 again) clearly isn't the same one every other side got.