Sons' sorrow

3 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

I'm not so sure that that would be as exciting as Gregor Buchanan 🙄 stop ruining the excitement for everyone 😂

I do agree but I also think big Balatoni is a solid signing. Bobby Barr is a massive bawbag and I’m not a fan in the slightest.

Just now, DobbiesAgent said:

I fish counter lady confirms you are way off with balatoni 

I think the fish counter wummin should doubt this source at her peril tbqhwy.

20 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I do agree but I also think big Balatoni is a solid signing. Bobby Barr is a massive bawbag and I’m not a fan in the slightest.

I think the fish counter wummin should doubt this source at her peril tbqhwy.

I’m pretty confident in the Buchanan rumour mill, certainly would rather him than balotoni. 

agreed with bobby Barr. Absolute rocket 

Bobby Barr's finest moment came at a friendly against Edinburgh City at Ainsley Park.

A famously grumpy Rovers supporter berated the team for not trying, quick as flash Bobby says 'shut yer puss ya auld c**t' as he took a throw-in.

The boy never said a word for the rest of the game, bliss.

43 minutes ago, super-son said:

I'm not a big fan of Bobby Barr but he should be able to do a decent job at this level and should be an upgrade on last season's wide options imo.

I just wasn’t that fussed when he left the last time not overly impressed that we are after him again after his first spell. Surely better more promising players than him as opposed to another ageing journeyman looking for his last few pay days 

As uninspiring as Bobby Barr was he was reasonably consistent with us. Always got the 7/10 performance I thought. If I remember correctly, he was keen to stay before and it was only because Duffy fannied around he ended up leaving. He also seemed to enjoy his spell with us, which wasn't the case at many of his other clubs...

Not too fussed overall but as a squad player he would be fine at this level.

Balatoni is infinitely better than Buchanan btw.

Ken we’ve got a decent record of breaking players but Buchanan really was pish poor with us before seemingly being the same with QoS. We were warned by Morton fans what to expect and they were right he’s not even close to being that same defender that was with you guys a few years ago. His positional play is rank rotten, for a guy so tall he’s very poor in the air he genuinely should have scored at least 5 or 6 goals for us but fluffed every header, gets bitched very easily by strikers and the worst of all was that both Mark Durnan and Ben Hall were a lot better than him. There was a lot of fluff with him being a local boy and ‘fan’ and he used to give away the armband every game to a young fan but he’s dugmeat.

I can completely understand getting excited about a popular ex player coming back (I done the exact same with Blair Alston last year) but he’s really not the same player.

Guest Peter LaFleur
17 minutes ago, Russ said:

Ken we’ve got a decent record of breaking players but Buchanan really was pish poor with us before seemingly being the same with QoS. We were warned by Morton fans what to expect and they were right he’s not even close to being that same defender that was with you guys a few years ago. His positional play is rank rotten, for a guy so tall he’s very poor in the air he genuinely should have scored at least 5 or 6 goals for us but fluffed every header, gets bitched very easily by strikers and the worst of all was that both Mark Durnan and Ben Hall were a lot better than him. There was a lot of fluff with him being a local boy and ‘fan’ and he used to give away the armband every game to a young fan but he’s dugmeat.

I can completely understand getting excited about a popular ex player coming back (I done the exact same with Blair Alston last year) but he’s really not the same player.

I find it hard to disagree with the above but I do think he will be just fine as a mid table League 1 defender. The quality of striker is absolutely horrendous in this league, Goodwillie and Megginson apart. I felt in the games against genuine quality Buchanan's errors were highlighted even further but was absolutely fine against the dross. Saying that, Durnan would have been a better punt for Dumbarton though.

22 minutes ago, Russ said:

TBF he's also had shite managers at those clubs.By shite I mean not exactly motivators.He was very good with us in the most part and to say a player is 'done' at 31 is not physical but mental.With the right manager he will be fine.

Andy Graham was brilliant with us until Aitken came along.Almost the entire support said he was done.Moved to Alloa with Jack Ross and hey presto got another few  very good years out of him.So saying 'done' is not necessarily final.

32 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I just made Balatoni and Bobby Barr up but I’m absolutely disgusted that some of you were actually happy to see Bobby Barr come back to us. Come on boays, give yourselves a shake, he’s honky tonk!

Hahaha 😂