Sons' sorrow

5 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'm pretty certain we sold out shirt sponsorships last year. And our kits were off the shelf efforts. 

Granted the price was a bit lower, but I'm not sure how big an impact the design has on sales. Nobody much is going to cut about in a Sons top with 'Langan 4' on the back of it anyway I wouldn't have thought. It's all fans just looking for another way to chip in, businesses looking for some cheap sponsorship and family members of players usually.

Anyway, like I said, hopefully the anniversary kit is as good as I think it'll be - everyone goes out and buys it, and the club can't possible switch back to yellow!

This guy gets it.

14 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I'm not seeing it personally. Surely if you sponsor a player it's because you want to support the club financially / particularly like that player? I can't see the style of strip factoring into it. That you get the strip afterwards is just a memento of the support you lent, not a fashion item.

If it was purely financial you could just donate £150 to the club and get nothing in return. I haven't personally worn any strips I've received through sponsorship, I plan to one day frame them and put them on a wall in a suitable room, I'd rather the kit didn't look shit. I have sponsored strips I didn't like before, its just personal preference with this stuff but I can see why it might put someone off.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

If it was purely financial you could just donate £150 to the club and get nothing in return. I haven't personally worn any strips I've received through sponsorship, I plan to one day frame them and put them on a wall in a suitable room, I'd rather the kit didn't look shit. I have sponsored strips I didn't like before, its just personal preference with this stuff but I can see why it might put someone off.

We shall agree to disagree then.

34 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Any rumours or sightings or discussions with the fish lady?

18 hours without a signing whats Faz playin at?😀

Having been in Morrisons this morning, I can confirm that the fish counter was staffed by a bloke today.

So no fish counter woman rumours.

19 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’d personally like to see Faz in a bespoke white suit and white tie with a simple black and gold band on the tie. Sick of our managers wearing those off the shelf Slaters efforts and if it doesn’t stop soon I think Cha McGregor from the Facebook group may have a heart attack.

I refuse to sponsor the management team as I'm unhappy that their tracksuits aren't custom designs.

Aye, but they can't just be custom designs, they must be custom *sellable* designs. If they aren't custom sellable designs, such as a black tracksuit with a yellow castle silhouette emblazoned on the back, I'll fight any banger who disagrees wae me cos I've been running fitba teams since Jesus wis a nipper.

I refuse to sponsor the management team as I'm unhappy that their tracksuits aren't custom designs.

1 minute ago, TheChase said:

Aye, but they can't just be custom designs, they must be custom *sellable* designs. If they aren't custom sellable designs, such as a black tracksuit with a yellow castle silhouette emblazoned on the back, I'll fight any banger who disagrees wae me cos I've been running fitba teams since Jesus wis a nipper.

I have it on good authority that if the managers tracksuits were custom styles then the entire population of West Dunbartonshire would buy them and the club would be rich, but as it is the trackies are standard styles so the club is doomed to fail.

"Aim wee, stay wee"

I have it on good authority that if the managers tracksuits were custom styles then the entire population of West Dunbartonshire would buy them and the club would be rich, but as it is the trackies are standard styles so the club is doomed to fail.