Sons' sorrow

1 minute ago, George Parr said:

A decent signing day softens the blow of us unveiling the shittiest set of tops in our history. 

There have been worse than this seasons efforts. Not the best but nowhere near the worst.

Edited by squeezeboxson

1 minute ago, squeezeboxson said:

There have been worse than this seasons efforts. Not the best but nowhere near the worst.

Home one is nice, it’s more stand out yellow than the last few years and I quite like it, it’s clean. 
Away one is rotten

18 minutes ago, George Parr said:

A decent signing day softens the blow of us unveiling the shittiest set of tops in our history. 

They are streets ahead of 2019/20 imo. I like the black one a lot in the flesh. 

The yellow one reminds me of my school team top with its shimmery sort of texture.

Lynch was brought in by Alloa on the eve of last season as cover and played the first few games at CB when we were very short in defence. A pretty tough start for a youngster with very limited experience and he wasn't helped either by the fact that Neil Parry got injured too and we had a kid in goals. Lynch looked a bit raw which was understandable in the circumstances but strong in the air and solid enough, although maybe not as mobile as you'd like. When we got other players back he didn't really feature but he then reappeared at RB for a game at QoS later in the season when we had a number of players out. I wasn't expecting much as he'd looked very much like a stopper CB when he'd played but he actually did pretty well that day and had a couple of Shaun Rooney style powerful runs down the flank.

Obviously he has moved about without playing a lot of first team football and I'd say that's what he really needs now. There are attributes there to work with and games and experience will hopefully see him develop and do well. 

Regardless of individual people's opinions on the signings. Old/young/good/bad It's a great time to be alive! Imagine going into a preseason and potentially the league Cup with an actual fully signed team! For years we have scrambled about picking up the scraps then scraping through the season with a cobbled together team of square pegs in round holes! Faz clearly has a plan, whether that plan works time will tell, but what he has brought is positivity which is great, and it's clearly enough to sell the club to the players! 

The signing of Paton suggests Geggan will be used at right back, which I suppose I'm okay with but I do worry about our pace back there with McGeever and Boyle not exactly Usain Bolt as well. Paton could be the perfect foil for McKee though, someone to break up play and give Joe the ball is how you get the best out of them. 

If the Gregor Buchanan chat has any substance then getting him, a goalkeeper and a couple of forward players in should be the order of the next few days. Great work from Faz and Frank today. 

56 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Five signings in a day!? I’m away for lie down.

Farrell i s building a good squad, really talented midfield there,  if you can get a couple of strikers firing, too 4 could be a distinct possibility,   Consistent goalscorer s in this league are very hard to find..

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

Regardless of individual people's opinions on the signings. Old/young/good/bad It's a great time to be alive! Imagine going into a preseason and potentially the league Cup with an actual fully signed team! For years we have scrambled about picking up the scraps then scraping through the season with a cobbled together team of square pegs in round holes! Faz clearly has a plan, whether that plan works time will tell, but what he has brought is positivity which is great, and it's clearly enough to sell the club to the players! 

Couldn’t agree more with that. Great to see a manager come in with a clear proactive approach. He obviously has good contacts in the game and knows the players at this level and what he wants to build his team. Being well prepared for the first set off league cup fixtures must be a first for many a season. Great to see the excitement building amongst the support as well. 

2 hours ago, George Parr said:

They are definitely better than our 1988/89 home kit, for one, by a substantial margin.  That kit was entirely in keeping with the Willie Cairns' and Pat Cairneys of this world.

7 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

They are definitely better than our 1988/89 home kit, for one, by a substantial margin.  That kit was entirely in keeping with the Willie Cairns' and Pat Cairneys of this world.

Our home top should be white with black and gold band across the chest. That for me is a Dumbarton top. I would love if we stayed with it, with maybe small changes every year.

7 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

Our home top should be white with black and gold band across the chest. That for me is a Dumbarton top. I would love if we stayed with it, with maybe small changes every year.

I think the club’s intention is to go back to bespoke design for the season after this...to mark the 150 

7 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

I think the club’s intention is to go back to bespoke design for the season after this...to mark the 150 

Which is great but then don’t chop and change after that just stay with it apart from changing sponsors etc. Change the away top every year if you want but home should be the same.