Sons' sorrow

Good player on his day but consistency is his biggest issue. Had his best games for us playing in the 10 position just behind the striker and has set up plenty of Goodwillie's goals. Could do well with the right midfield balance alongside him which we had before this season in Grant and McStay. Couple of folk have mentioned this in our thread throughout the season but he seemed to struggle badly without them around. 

1 hour ago, Sweet Pete said:

So which Mark Lamont's father is it that you know? The St Mirren one? the Thistle one? Another?

The real one, ie the one who has just exited Clyde and who was previously on the books of Hibs and Thistle. 

You raised the sand-dancing version, and reminded all of us Sons fans why we have been trying to forget him.

Are we sorted ??

19 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The real one, ie the one who has just exited Clyde and who was previously on the books of Hibs and Thistle. 

You raised the sand-dancing version, and reminded all of us Sons fans why we have been trying to forget him.

Are we sorted ??

I'm raising a half wit and a maniac, but no Mark Lamontses.

1 minute ago, lorenzo71 said:

Seriously there will be virtually no training only games from now until the season gets underway...

Pre-season must be starting next week ????

Starts on Saturday. A week of training and then straight into games.

The busy schedule makes me think back to Duffy's first summer, where we had two friendlies (Dundee United and Hamilton) and had to call off our first (just a fortnight or so before the league started) because we didn't have enough players. I phoned Duffy that morning and he said it would probably be fine - wrote the back page of the paper based on that, got on the train home...and boof. It was cancelled.

My first DFC game as an official Lennox employee was that Dundee United game where (I think) we had 11 trialists in the matchday squad. Madness.

6 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Starts on Saturday. A week of training and then straight into games.

The busy schedule makes me think back to Duffy's first summer, where we had two friendlies (Dundee United and Hamilton) and had to call off our first (just a fortnight or so before the league started) because we didn't have enough players. I phoned Duffy that morning and he said it would probably be fine - wrote the back page of the paper based on that, got on the train home...and boof. It was cancelled.

My first DFC game as an official Lennox employee was that Dundee United game where (I think) we had 11 trialists in the matchday squad. Madness.

Cheers Jan....so there will be new faces for sure on Saturday even if they are only trialists.

3 hours ago, the snudge said:

We're playing EK the same day and time of Croatia V Scotland. There'll be no fans there regardless

No doubt his band of die hards will turn up to catch a glimpse of their ginger saviour....idiots