Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I genuinely think Roy would be a useful signing. I always thought he had something about him. When he played for us previously we were at a higher level and I still thought he had something to offer. I’d consider him a fairly decent upgrade on any of our strikers or wingers from last season.

I think he’d be useful, you could look at a lot of folks goals/appearance record before they came to us and some of them have been brilliant. Jim Lister being prime example 

22 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I think that’s being very kind tbh. He’s a hard worker who hassles defenders and drags them around but his decision making lets him down 90% of the time. He scored a few important goals for us but I wouldn’t class him as a natural finisher. He’s the kind of guy I’d like to keep around as backup but I certainly wouldn’t want him leading the line for us next season. 

With some better coaching and a more creative midfield he could be a decent player at this level but for large parts of last season I thought he looked like a guy who was out his depth in League 1.

I posted this about Wilson yesterday so I’m fairly astounded to read today that he’s turned us down for what is effectively a trial with Falkirk. If I’m being honest I really expected him to leave us and head to a team in the Highland League.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I posted this about Wilson yesterday so I’m fairly astounded to read today that he’s turned us down for what is effectively a trial with Falkirk. If I’m being honest I really expected him to leave us and head to a team in the Highland League.

Didn't an Airdrie fan enquire about him yesterday too? I think he is the kinda guy who in a team in League 2 who create a few chances would score a few but will always effectively be found out at any higher level. Fine as a squad player but not someone to be relied upon at this level. Certainly don't think he will make it at a FT club.

26 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It's all good lads. Someone on Facebook is suggesting we sign Garry Fleming and Daryll Duffy.

Beginning to think that folk on the FB page are deliberately on the wind up....... either that or we have some amount if roasters on there 

2 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

either that or we have some amount if roasters on there 

We have an alarming percentage of absolute crackpots amongst our support. The guy in question here has claimed the club are “pulling wool over our eyes” because a striker who scored 4 league goals all season has left to have a trial elsewhere. The amount of folk that are outraged by all these diddies leaving us is frightening.

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

We have an alarming percentage of absolute crackpots amongst our support. The guy in question here has claimed the club are “pulling wool over our eyes” because a striker who scored 4 league goals all season has left to have a trial elsewhere. The amount of folk that are outraged by all these diddies leaving us is frightening.

Jesus wept! What are these guys on?

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Surely "pulling wool over our eyes" would be not putting the fact a player was moving on for a full-time trial on the website as well. 

The roaster percentage is incredibly high. And seems to be increasing.

13 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Surely "pulling wool over our eyes" would be not putting the fact a player was moving on for a full-time trial on the website as well. 

Some of them don’t half take the bait as well, amusing if your one that likes to throw the cat amongst the pigeons. 

All the best to Wilson, I’d have liked to have kept him but no doubt there is others out there that could do the same job.  

Just Ramsbottom to accept or reject? If he’s waiting this long I’d tell him the deal is no longer on the table and find someone else more eager to join the Mighty sons 

39 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

CE12062E-868C-4CC1-AF23-829103A82D10.jpeg

Yeah, I think I'm ok with guys like Wilson and Frizzell opting to go elsewhere. Offering terms to a bunch of attacking players who were basically statistical failures last season was a bit lazy. Onus now on Farrell etc to go out and find some new talent, with the support of our seemingly invisible owners.

1 minute ago, FifeSons said:

It’s weird how highly other clubs seem to rate our, not terrible, but very average squad from last season.

It is odd. Duffy seemed to get a fair amount of credit for "making the most out of what he had" - but we're now seeing a decent chunk of the squad signing (or going on trial) with clubs who will have ambitions of challenging for the league.