Sons' sorrow

Ramsbottom recovered well from THAT goal, but I wouldn't be fussed if he moved on. I don't want Frizzell back. Maybe Faz could get more from him, but for me he was a guy who did plenty of nice things that never really contributed to wins. He just didnt influence games. Wilson I'd keep as I think he's similar to Callum Gallagher. Play him centrally and give him a run if games to get his confidence up and he'll be a goal threat. If you start moving him about the front line or don't give him a chance then his head will go down and he'll get frustrated.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The article about Carsy signing up suggests that Wilson, Frizzell and Ramsbottom haven't got back to Faz on their deals. Suspect all 3 will be gone now.

You’d think they would have the decency to at least say thanks but no thanks instead of just not getting back to the manager. Frizzell can flare it because he was hopeless in two different spells for us, I never had confidence in Ramsbottom after his disastrous start and I’d only be keeping Wilson as backup so Im fairly shocked he’s obviously found a better deal elsewhere.

I’m confident we can replace them with better.

6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

You’d think they would have the decency to at least say thanks but no thanks instead of just not getting back to the manager. Frizzell can flare it because he was hopeless in two different spells for us, I never had confidence in Ramsbottom after his disastrous start and I’d only be keeping Wilson as backup so Im fairly shocked he’s obviously found a better deal elsewhere.

I’m confident we can replace them with better.

Maybe the deadline Faz set hasn’t been reached yet rather than them just not getting back to him?

Edited by C'mon_the_Sons

8 minutes ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Maybe the deadline Faz set hasn’t been reached yet rather than them just not getting back to him?

Like has been said above there’s every chance the deadline just hasn’t been reached. It will be rather easy for them just now to sit and see what, if anything, else comes in their direction....I would imagine their last chance will be over the weekend...

Whilst they are mulling over their offers it’s nice to see that Faz isn’t just waiting around for them to decide what they want to do and dare I say the longer they mull it over the more likely or keen faz will be to spend those wages elsewhere if he finds someone more keen to join the club. 

He strikes me as ruthless but fair does the big man. It’s refreshing to have a gaffer like that in the dugout again 👏🏼

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Ramsbottom recovered well from THAT goal, but I wouldn't be fussed if he moved on. I don't want Frizzell back. Maybe Faz could get more from him, but for me he was a guy who did plenty of nice things that never really contributed to wins. He just didnt influence games. Wilson I'd keep as I think he's similar to Callum Gallagher. Play him centrally and give him a run if games to get his confidence up and he'll be a goal threat. If you start moving him about the front line or don't give him a chance then his head will go down and he'll get frustrated.

Ramsbottom is  a decent enough shot-stopper but he is far too erratic, and for a big guy very jittery with cross balls.  The Play-Off Final second leg was typical; shortly after conceding a goal to a player almost inside the six-yard box who was falling backwards as he headed it, he then froze in terror as another right-wing cross skidded across the goal and narrowly missed the far post.  IMO we can't afford this.

Frizzell promises but far too seldom delivers, and he must be one of the few players I've seen who sees a lot of the ball but almost unfailingly takes the wrong option.  Wilson needs to play in a better team than we were last season, simple as that, but the lad's workrate is good.

I guess we'll know soon enough.

On 03/06/2021 at 20:20, Mattmc said:

I’m led to believe Mark Durnan signing for you guys. 
Steven Bell has been offered terms but hanging out for a possible player coach job at Stranraer. 

Just to get back to this. Stranraer tonight appointed Jamie Hamill, assisted by Daryll Duffy and Scott Robertson.

Could open the door for Steven Bell to come to us.

31 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Just to get back to this. Stranraer tonight appointed Jamie Hamill, assisted by Daryll Duffy and Scott Robertson.

Could open the door for Steven Bell to come to us.

He certainly fits the bill of being aged 35+ 🤣

Edited by Guest

After a blistering start to proceedings with the announcement of Geggan, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t slightly disappointed by the standard of signing that has followed. I’ll be hoping at least 2 or 3 of the guys announced this week have been signed to provide competition for places rather than being regular starters. 

So today id like us to re-sign Ramsbottom and Wilson for starters. 

Totally get @O'Kelly Isley III point about flapping but I think a lot of that was down to sheer terror of losing a goal knowing that we were unlikely to recover with that team. Also think Wilson suffered badly from that system and will do better with a more attacking set up. 

We would definitely benefit from a more footballing centre half. Given that age doesn't seem to be a barrier, does anyone still have Martin Melvin's phone number?