Sons' sorrow

10 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

I’m led to believe Mark Durnan signing for you guys. 
Steven Bell has been offered terms but hanging out for a possible player coach job at Stranraer. 

Yeah, Durnan has been a bit of a donkey since he left QoS. Would really need to step it up for me... 😒

10 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I would absolutely love to see Steven Bell at the Rock, despite his age. I thought he was different class for Partick Thistle against us last season. 

Mark Durnan was one of my favourite players in the lower leagues yonks ago when he was with Queen of the South. But since then he's been absolutely garbage everywhere he's been. Faz would have to work some magic to bring him back to his form of a few years ago.

Steven Bell has been a cracking lower league player for years, although he's 36 now...

Faz having a Stranraer reunion.

Was Bell part of the Ayr title winning team with Geggan and Boyle?

5 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Was Bell part of the Ayr title winning team with Geggan and Boyle?

He was - he signed from Stranraer in the January window along with Mark Kerr and the two of them made a huge difference. 

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

He was - he signed from Stranraer in the January window along with Mark Kerr and the two of them made a huge difference. 

Thanks.

If Bell and Durnan are signing along with Boyle and Geggan then there will need to be a few more Duthie types in the squad to give pace and legs to an older squad.

Durnan was utter dung for Falkirk when I saw them and I've seen loads of negative comments about him this season from Falkirk fans on here, but I'll reserve judgement until (if he signs) seeing him play. He was very good for Queens some time ago.

4 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

If James Duffy was signing this rag-tag bunch of jobbers and over-the-hillers, there'd be a mutiny in here

We could sign Geggan when he's 49 and I'd still be delighted. Same applies to anyone from the 2009 squad.

5 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Got to say, surely paddy is an improvement over quitongo?

Based on what? His performances over the last 10 years?

Take into account the last few and I'm not 100% there is much between them.

Edited by squeezeboxson

10 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Got to say, surely paddy is an improvement over quitongo?

I never got the fuss about Quitongo. He looked like he wasn't running as fast as he could, wasn't great defensively and had a frustrating tendency to charge forward with the ball, panic and look lost in advanced areas and then lose possession. Boyle for me.

26 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

If James Duffy was signing this rag-tag bunch of jobbers and over-the-hillers, there'd be a mutiny in here

He isn't though, Stevie Farrell is. If we sign 10 auld duffers there will be mutiny but it's more likely that Faz is trying to get his experience and leadership sorted first before adding to it. 

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’ll be honest, I’m not entirely convinced with the Boyle signing but willing to give him a chance. 

Not a fan either. Would have been delighted if we got him the season he left ayr but two years at Peterhead and kelty isn’t exactly the sort of signing I want, I reckon he’s finished. 

prove me wrong paddy 

18 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Based on what? His performances over the last 10 years?

Take into account the last few and I'm not 100% there is much between them.

👀 over the past 3 seasons (it doesn't include Kelty season for Boyle, as I can't get data)...

sons.thumb.png.2fba16ef32ab08e99cd37062e3e5ed46.png

Just you stick to worrying about who your crackpot stig of the dump gaffer is signing next, thank you very much.
You're completely mistaken if you think I spend any waking moment without such fear. I'm unspeakably excited for both Clyde's and Dumbarton's guff new charges' tussle against the drop again next season, right enough.