Sons' sorrow

Duthie probably wouldn’t have been on my retain list but I think as backup he’s a fairly good option. He didn’t get a great deal of game time but he showed in flashes what he was capable of. Much like Wilson he’s the type of guy who could cause problems for a tiring defence and I’m happy to trust Faz’s judgement on this one.

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Those photos on the OS with Duthie and (I assume) his mum are great. They both look utterly delighted. Real positive vibes off the 3 guys we've signed up so far. 

Totally agree. It’s also great to see Faz down at the stadium for players being unveiled in a professional manner. It’s a huge difference from the Duffy days when we were announcing 3 guys we’d never heard of after they’d turned up to training. 

There’s a real buzz about the place right now.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’ll be honest, I’m not entirely convinced with the Boyle signing but willing to give him a chance. 

Yeah, he didn't really impress me much a couple of years ago when he was at Peterhead to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’ll be honest, I’m not entirely convinced with the Boyle signing but willing to give him a chance. 

He can cross the ball so that’s an improvement on Rico already. I think we’re going with the ‘we’ll score more than you’ approach.

3 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

I’m led to believe Mark Durnan signing for you guys. 
Steven Bell has been offered terms but hanging out for a possible player coach job at Stranraer. 

I would absolutely love to see Steven Bell at the Rock, despite his age. I thought he was different class for Partick Thistle against us last season. 

Mark Durnan was one of my favourite players in the lower leagues yonks ago when he was with Queen of the South. But since then he's been absolutely garbage everywhere he's been. Faz would have to work some magic to bring him back to his form of a few years ago.