Sons' sorrow

8 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

The majority of our debt being wiped out? Really?

I think someone mentioned a while ago that the most recent set of accounts published had described our financial position now as “healthy”. Along with the debt having significantly reduced.

Think last accounts showed a profit of £17k and the overdraft paid off. However, there was also a loan taken out. No idea how 'soft' that was.

Think we are in the black...ish - though possibly funded through the Bank of Peter & Paul. 

Edited by PWL

13 hours ago, super-son said:

Just when we thought the problem of having a game every 3 days was over...

Saturday, July 10 - St Mirren (H, 3pm)
Tuesday, July 13 - Stenhousemuir (H, 7.45pm)
Saturday, July 17 - Dunfermline Athletic (A, 3pm)
Tuesday, July 20 - Partick Thistle (A, 7.45pm)

Way too early to be starting the cup games. For me the league campaign should always start on the first Saturday in August. No reason why the group games couldn't start a week later. I'd also like to see trialists being allowed in group games. It's nonsense that we go into these games with players still trying to secure deals and teams trying to finalise squads. The group stage is a series of glorified friendlies for most lower league sides anyway. Time to make them work better for clubs and players.

Could have played 21st, 24th, 28th, 31st and 4th. League could have started August 7th.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

3 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Geggan would be a very underwhelming signing

Aye? I’d consider it a fairly decent signing. 

Not only should he be able to do a solid job on the park, he’s a model professional with plenty of passion and experience who will be invaluable in the dressing room. I’d actually make him captain, he’s the type of leader we’ve been lacking in recent years IMO.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Aye? I’d consider it a fairly decent signing. 

Not only should he be able to do a solid job on the park, he’s a model professional with plenty of passion and experience who will be invaluable in the dressing room. I’d actually make him captain, he’s the type of leader we’ve been lacking in recent years IMO.

I'd 100 percent go along with this. We have lacked an experienced head who won't accept second best, but who'll also lead by example on the pitch for a good wee while. Probably since Mango left in the summer of 2019.

Our successful teams have always had a guy like that. The best example being Andy Graham, but there have also been guys like Bryan Prunty and Mick Dunlop. Players who just seem to have the natural qualities associated with a captain. 

That isn't a dig at Carsy by the way. But I wouldn't say he was a natural leader in the way someone like Andy Graham is.

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'd 100 percent go along with this. We have lacked an experienced head who won't accept second best, but who'll also lead by example on the pitch for a good wee while. Probably since Mango left in the summer of 2019.

Our successful teams have always had a guy like that. The best example being Andy Graham, but there have also been guys like Bryan Prunty and Mick Dunlop. Players who just seem to have the natural qualities associated with a captain. 

That isn't a dig at Carsy by the way. But I wouldn't say he was a natural leader in the way someone like Andy Graham is.

Like the difference between me and @The Moonster. He's a natural follower, I'm a natural leader. He's a sheep, I'm a shark. It's not his fault, it's just biology.

Not seen him play in quite a few years but at 34 I can imagine he’s still about 5x faster than Forbes.  As has been said, his presence at the club and on the pitch will be invaluable.  I love a comeback too so I’m on board.  

McGeever

Geggan

We are hard as f**k.

Edited by sonsism