Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Genuinely think he's rubbish but we'll see. Even when we weren't a total shambles Duffyball team in Frizzell's first spell he had about one good game in a 6 month period. 

1 hour ago, Thommo90 said:

Id say he is worth a punt.  He has been poor this year but the style didn't suit him and when he picked the ball up most of the time he had nothing to work with.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’ll be honest, you could count on one hand the amount of good games he’s had for us over two different spells. He’s certainly not someone I’d be wanting to keep around, even without Duffy setting the team up.

23 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Abu Hamza could have counted his good games on one hand.

These are fair enough reviews gents. All I have to say is 'insert generic comment about fans of other clubs saying  player x was shite and he turned out to be good so hopefully the same thing will happen with player y'. 

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Why is our former groundsman in your avatar photo ?

Grass can't cut itself. 

44 minutes ago, Joe Mckay said:

Not at all. 

He looked so far out of his depth at all times during his seasons with us. There's no reason to particularly dislike him and I feel he would do himself many favours in dropping down a league to get himself going and hold down a place in a team. Otherwise I can't see him having much of a career in football, to be perfectly honest. 

14 hours ago, super-son said:

I've got to say, hearing quotes like this is so refreshing.

“We probably won’t have our full squad of 18 or 20 in place, but I’d certainly suggest that over the next two weeks you’re going to see the largest majority in place."

He sounds like he has a plan and is very eager to get cracking. Complete opposite of how Duffy was going about pre season.

If he can get a decent balanced squad put together that can finish in the top half of the league I'd be happy with that and then push on the next season.

Genuinely do you think you’ll improve so much to go from 9th to the top half? 

Falkirk and Queen’s Park will have money to spend, Alloa have kept a decent looking squad, Montrose, Cove and Airdrie will all be good too. 

Falkirk and Queen’s Park will have money to spend, Alloa have kept a decent looking squad, Montrose, Cove and Airdrie will all be good too. 
I wouldn't say I expect it but that should be the aim for us regardless. I'd be hoping that Farrell will be aiming for 4th. If we fall a bit short of that and we give it a good go then fair enough, but I would be disappointed if he was aiming for anything lower.

I think the first few signing we bring in will be really important in showing is where we want to be competing. Im eagerly waiting on some news on that front.

4 minutes ago, super-son said:

I wouldn't say I expect it but that should be the aim for us regardless. I'd be hoping that Farrell will be aiming for 4th. If we fall a bit short of that and we give it a good go then fair enough, but I would be disappointed if he was aiming for anything lower.

I think the first few signing we bring in will be really important in showing is where we want to be competing. Im eagerly waiting on some news on that front.

Fair enough, I’d expect us, Dumbarton and Peterhead to be nearer the bottom again. I’d like us to push towards East Fife and probably Montrose to mid table but think play offs will be out of reach. 

4 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

3-4 years ago all of those teams bar Falkirk would've looked on at us in admiration but now it's painted as if we can't come close to competing with them. The sides mentioned here have been better than us for the last couple of seasons, but with new owners coming in (who have apparent ambitions of full time Championship football), the majority of our debt seemingly being wiped out in the last year and a new (young and enthusiastic) manager coming - there's no reason we shouldn't be looking to compete with Airdrie, Montrose or Cove for a play-off spot. I also don't see Faz coming to us if he knew our budget was among the lowest, his job was extremely safe at Stranraer and he'd have been looking at getting them into the play-offs again, why leave that for a relegation battle?

10 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

How was he for you. We saw him for a grand total of ten minutes.

He was really positive. Always looked for the ball and always tried to make things happen. His first touch/technique really is excellent for this level. His problem is the end product and decision making but I saw enough there to think he's worth holding on to. I think with the right coaching he'll be a good number 10.

11 minutes ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Does that mean they’re keeping Rabin Omar?

He was punted but I wouldn’t be touching him, I thought his loan spell was distinctly average. He looked decent at first but I think that was mostly down to us having not seen anyone attempt to run with the ball and beat a man for the best part of a year.

39 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

He was punted but I wouldn’t be touching him, I thought his loan spell was distinctly average. He looked decent at first but I think that was mostly down to us having not seen anyone attempt to run with the ball and beat a man for the best part of a year.

Cheers, thought they’d released Wallace and kept Omar. That would’ve been mental but if they’d punted both then fair enough. 

Not going to lie - I fail to see what Wallace done to impress so many. I thought he was another "tries hard but not good enough" player for me with as much end product as Jones had. He just generally looked less awkward than Jones due to his different build and what not.

I liked Wallace and I think in terms of a backup player who can come in and out of the team he’d be a decent option on a low wage. I wasn’t Jamie Wilson’s biggest fan but he’s another I think would be a decent and fairly cheap backup option. If we were signing either of the two of them to be a starter every week I’d probably rather we looked elsewhere but both of them would be very decent options to have on the bench. Both of them are the type of player that can cause a tiring defence problems.

Just when we thought the problem of having a game every 3 days was over...

Saturday, July 10 - St Mirren (H, 3pm)
Tuesday, July 13 - Stenhousemuir (H, 7.45pm)
Saturday, July 17 - Dunfermline Athletic (A, 3pm)
Tuesday, July 20 - Partick Thistle (A, 7.45pm)

3-4 years ago all of those teams bar Falkirk would've looked on at us in admiration but now it's painted as if we can't come close to competing with them. The sides mentioned here have been better than us for the last couple of seasons, but with new owners coming in (who have apparent ambitions of full time Championship football), the majority of our debt seemingly being wiped out in the last year and a new (young and enthusiastic) manager coming - there's no reason we shouldn't be looking to compete with Airdrie, Montrose or Cove for a play-off spot. I also don't see Faz coming to us if he knew our budget was among the lowest, his job was extremely safe at Stranraer and he'd have been looking at getting them into the play-offs again, why leave that for a relegation battle?

The majority of our debt being wiped out? Really?