Sons' sorrow

Shame to see Neill go. Keeping him and McGeever would have given Faz a solid base at the back. Quitongo hasn't played well during an injury disrupted season but I'd still have been tempted to keep him.

Do we go looking for a first choice centre half or is it time for Carswell to drop back permanently? He's never really let us down when he's covered at centre half and his contribution in midfield hasnt been the best recently. A ball playing central defender might be a good partner for McGeever. 

Shame to see Neill go. Keeping him and McGeever would have given Faz a solid base at the back. Quitongo hasn't played well during an injury disrupted season but I'd still have been tempted to keep him.
Do we go looking for a first choice centre half or is it time for Carswell to drop back permanently? He's never really let us down when he's covered at centre half and his contribution in midfield hasnt been the best recently. A ball playing central defender might be a good partner for McGeever. 
We can't go with Carswell as our first choice CB.

He gets booked almost every game just for his language/conduct towards the officials. It would end up being a nightmare and would result in red cards.

2 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I'd like to see us bring in a ball playing centre-half to pair with McGeever, but that really isn't the worst shout going. I've always thought Carsy would potentially drop back into centre-half over time and, as you say, he's always looked decent there. In fact in recent seasons he's produced some better performances in there than he has in central midfield.

I'm sorry to see Morgyn and Rico away, but both (as I understand it) have better offers. Good luck to them. They left everything on the pitch in every game they played for us and we couldn't have asked for much more from either. Two lovely guys as well. 

Good luck to the ones leaving, they probably weren’t good enough but you can’t doubt their effort. I’m not overly disappointed about any of them leaving, I do like big Neill but I find him and McGeever a bit too similar, it would be good to replace him with someone who can pass the ball a bit better. Surprised Quitongo has chosen to leave, I think he’s fairly hopeless and if he’s managed to find himself a better deal elsewhere then fair play to him, his agent has played a blinder.

Of the ones not mentioned the only player I’d want to keep is Wardrop and potentially Wilson as backup. 

I may be in the minority here where Neill's departure is concerned.  I think the lad performed very well indeed, and I wish him well, but his partnership with Ryan McGeever was very much founded on the 'circle the wagons' defensive style employed employed by Jim Duffy.

I very much expect Stevie Farrell to play a much more expansive game and as such we are likely to face teams breaking out at us rather than trying to wear us down and often resorting to lumping cross balls into the box in frustration.  As such that combination of two very similar big centre backs may have been exposed far more often.

I also wish Rico well, but it seemed he rarely made it thro a game without at least a couple of hairy defensive moments.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

10 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Rumour has it that Adam Frizzell will be signing for Airdrie. I know he hasn't been great for yourselves but hopefully he's worth a punt in a 'better' or non-Duffyball team. 

Genuinely think he's rubbish but we'll see. Even when we weren't a total shambles Duffyball team in Frizzell's first spell he had about one good game in a 6 month period. 

10 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Rumour has it that Adam Frizzell will be signing for Airdrie. I know he hasn't been great for yourselves but hopefully he's worth a punt in a 'better' or non-Duffyball team. 

Id say he is worth a punt.  He has been poor this year but the style didn't suit him and when he picked the ball up most of the time he had nothing to work with.

13 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

I’ll be honest, you could count on one hand the amount of good games he’s had for us over two different spells. He’s certainly not someone I’d be wanting to keep around, even without Duffy setting the team up.

41 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Was it not Carswell who conceded the penalty against Stranraer? Could have been very costly.  I still see him as a bit of a stop-gap for defence and would release him if we’re not considering him a midfielder.

I'll be honest, Carsy can stick around as a squad player but he'll need to significantly improve his performances for us to use him every week. He never takes the ball from the defence and is mostly chasing shadows these days. He's served us well through some tough times but perhaps now is the best time for both parties to move on. 

I'll be honest, Carsy can stick around as a squad player but he'll need to significantly improve his performances for us to use him every week. He never takes the ball from the defence and is mostly chasing shadows these days. He's served us well through some tough times but perhaps now is the best time for both parties to move on. 
This ^^

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’ll be honest, you could count on one hand the amount of good games he’s had for us over two different spells. He’s certainly not someone I’d be wanting to keep around, even without Duffy setting the team up.

Abu Hamza could have counted his good games on one hand.