Sons' sorrow

Brilliant appointment. I'm well chuffed with that. Welcome aboard Faz. I wonder if he's spoke to the Norwegians?

I expect alot of transfer activity in the next couple of weeks. If we can get the remainder of the two centre halves sorted then that's a good strong spine. 

Looking forward to the season now!

41 minutes ago, The Camel’s Hump said:

I fall on my sword sir :)

This is what's worrying me most. Finding out the Camel's Hump was wrong for once is like discovering Santa Claus wasn't real. My illusions have been shattered.  

1 hour ago, squeezeboxson said:

That'll do nicely. Decent option which I think most were happy with. Most importantly in a timely fashion. Well done to the board for sorting that out.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Well done to the board btw, Duffy left on Monday and we've installed the new man by Saturday. Obviously not wanting a repeat of previous summers. Expect Faz to move quickly here.

"but look at aw the players we've missed in that 4 days!!!!1"

(c) Facebook group

Happy enough with that appointment.  Faz doesn’t seem the type to wait about so hoping we’ll see a decent amount of activity next week.

Looking forward to hearing about the decision and his aims for the club etc too

Great move by the club. Faz seems like a good manager who likes to play football.

Credit to the board for a quick turn around. I would expect that today and tomorrow is spent talking to the current squad with a deadline of Tues or Thurs and maybe start to see new players from next weekend.

Good appointment and probably about as good as we could have expected. Knows the club, good coaching credentials and will have good contacts in the game. Like everyone else I’m pleased with the appointment.

Would expect a few days of talking to various players and then plenty of signing news. The standard of player signed will go a long way to telling us the type of budget we’ve been set by the new owners. Interesting week ahead.

4 minutes ago, Jordo1872 said:

Good appointment and probably about as good as we could have expected. Knows the club, good coaching credentials and will have good contacts in the game. Like everyone else I’m pleased with the appointment.

Would expect a few days of talking to various players and then plenty of signing news. The standard of player signed will go a long way to telling us the type of budget we’ve been set by the new owners. Interesting week ahead.

One or two in the defensive areas only please.  I'm more than happy for Faz to make his own signings rather than go for the easier but in my view inadvisable route of re-signing guys to simply get numbers on the board - that way risks more of the same.

In general this is a potentially good appointment which ticks quite a few boxes.  When he was here previously I had the impression that Faz was the football guy to Aitken's front of house persona.  Credit to the DFC Board for a quick appointment - let's hope Henning The Unseen is ready to sign a few cheques over the next few weeks.

2 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Get your red dots at the ready, folks... I don’t think this is a particularly great appointment.

Couldn’t hope more to be proven wrong, though!

We're all allowed our own opinions! Out of interest, is there anyone you'd rather have had?

2 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Get your red dots at the ready, folks... I don’t think this is a particularly great appointment.

What makes you think the appointment might not be decent? It's an open forum you shouldn't be red dotted for having an opinion that's not bat shit crazy

Edited by the snudge

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

Whilst I’m not blown away I’m fairly pleased to see Faz on board but still have reservations. When we appointed Aitken and Duffy I was convinced they were the right men at that time, with Faz there’s a niggling doubt. I didn’t particularly rate any of his Stranraer teams but I’m hoping he’ll have a bigger budget to work with.

Either way I’m convinced it’s a huge upgrade on Duffy.

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

At first, when I heard the rumours, I was the same. However, in the state of flux we're in and with the uncertainty of how things stand with the new owners, combined with the strength of the league we're competing in, I'm inclined to think that someone with experience and who knows the club may be no bad thing. In his parting shot, Duffy seemed to acknowledge that a younger hungrier man was required. It wouldn't totally surprise me if he put in a word for Faz, particularly if his departure was as amicable as he portrayed.

I’m cautiously optimistic about appointing Farrell as manager, particularly given two of the full-time teams in the division elected to appoint Sheerin and Ellis, neither of whom have a better CV on paper so far as I can see. He was involved during the more successful part of Aitken’s reign and should know the standard required at Championship and League One levels.

Ultimately it will be our budget that dictates where we finish (to a greater or lesser extent) but I feel like Farrell has the ability to at least extract a bit more from our budget and likely squad than Duffy would have.

Edited to add that I’d have serious reservations about Ferguson at Alloa as well. You have to say probably only Murray, Hartley, Young, and Petrie are known trusted quantities as managers in this division. At least two of those have had bad spells too.

Edited by GordyBrow

4 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Red dots are for outsiders, we don't red dot our own.

I'm happy with Faz tbh. Mainly due to the speed of the appointment, get him in, let him start building his side. Hes not a total newbie which would be a risk and not a dinosaur just looking for a final payday. Whatever happens the football can't be any worse than Duffy so it's a promising start.

I'm feeling happy about the appointment of Faz. He's got plenty of experience at this level and the one on either side of us, so here's hoping we can maybe have a good go at next season.

A few folk have said that our downturn under Aitken coincided with Faz's departure but I would disagree. I think we actually played our best football under Aitken immediately after he left but that was pretty much a reaction from the Bonnyrigg defeat. I feel the downturn happened after Stuart Millar stopped scouting for us.

Anyway, onwards and (hopefully) upwards.