Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I'll take a seat on the bus to Brora please Tommy. Leaving Dumbarton at 7 in the morning?

It'll probably be Kelty tbf, so not quite as early a start.

Edited by FifeSons

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Don't think you'll find anyone in here disagreeing with that assessment. The vengeance I'd prefer is us staying up and Duffy being fucked out the door though. 

To be honest Duffy and Smith are now irrelevant here, they may be still in place but they are not in charge.  No matter what teams he picks there has been nowt all season to suggest that Dumbarton can come thro another four games and retain their status.

Edited by Trawler Rum & Weetabix

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I think Dumbarton will be relegated in the play-offs. The Sons are, by some considerable distance, the worst side I've seen  in the SPFL this season. They are a team so devoid of flair, guile or an attacking threat - I've watched them five times and they didn't score a single goal.

Stranraer are a handy side and Ruari Paton and Thomas Orr are good players, two of the breakout stars in League 2 this season, and I expect them to stick in a couple. Should they overcome the Blues, they'll likely face Edinburgh City, an even better team who, again, I'd fancy to win promotion outright.

It gives me no pleasure in saying this but I've paid about £50 to watch "Duffyball" over the season and I want vengeance.

Would not be surprised to see Orr sign with  yourselves next season. Good relationship with Swift and Moore. 

Really hope not. 

Is there any point in Duffy staying for the play offs? Put Neill and McGeever, the joint players of the year in charge for the next two games - they can't possibly be any worse.

7 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

Is it bad that rather than being worried and anxious about the playoffs I just can’t be arsed with them or watching them?

I think that's partly down to the no fans / online streaming thing. Usually you would expect a big crowd for these things to cheer the team on. Hard to get excited when it's a tv show, and due to the quality on the pitch it's a shite tv show.

9 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

You can double up with a Cowdenbeath / Fife Flyers away day! 

There aren't enough vaccinations in medical science for me to willingly do a Cowdenbeath/Kirkcaldy double header. Unless you're throwing in Gina.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

Does that raise the prospect of having a limited number of fans at the games? I thad a feeling that the guidelines were being relaxed from around that date.

The restrictions are due to be relaxed on 17th May when there is a possibility of having 500 fans in the ground. The original dates for the final were 15th and 18th so there was potential for fans at the second leg but not the first. I’d guess that , for once, the spfl looked ahead and moved the dates to take account of this possibility

17 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

The restrictions are due to be relaxed on 17th May when there is a possibility of having 500 fans in the ground. The original dates for the final were 15th and 18th so there was potential for fans at the second leg but not the first. I’d guess that , for once, the spfl looked ahead and moved the dates to take account of this possibility

I think it was only moved because it's going to be live on BBC Alba (which also means we can't do a stream I believe). Fans getting in could be an unexpected positive of that; but I somehow can't see it happening. 

49 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I think it was only moved because it's going to be live on BBC Alba (which also means we can't do a stream I believe). Fans getting in could be an unexpected positive of that; but I somehow can't see it happening. 

Streaming still allowed. From SPFL email yesterday: "Please note that clubs are permitted to sell PPV for the matches live on BBC Scotland and BBC Alba."

5 minutes ago, el Gringo said:

Streaming still allowed. From SPFL email yesterday: "Please note that clubs are permitted to sell PPV for the matches live on BBC Scotland and BBC Alba."

Tidy. 

Although I'll be in Edinburgh having my first days off since Christmas. But that'll cheer Chris up. He wasn't fancying not having a game to commentate on.

1 hour ago, el Gringo said:

HD and English commentary better than SD and Gaelic!

41 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Do you really want to trash your club’s reputation?

We've had two sex offenders play for us in the last 10 years with one of them currently on our books. If anyone wants to take the moral high ground over us they probably already can. 

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We've had two sex offenders play for us in the last 10 years with one of them currently on our books. If anyone wants to take the moral high ground over us they probably already can. 

We have a sex offender playing? 

7 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Layne's on the register.

I did not know this. We really shouldn't have him anywhere near our club. It's not a good look for us.