Sons' sorrow

20 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

All the best in the play offs. I’m not fishing, that was bloody horrid and I’m sorry we stayed up at your (possible) expense. Given how awful we have been, I would not have had any complaints had we gone down.

From experience, there was definitely a jump in quality from League One to League Two so I wouldn’t quite be resigned to relegation. Hope to see you next season.

This. Best of luck, because Div 2 is murder, and hard to get out of when you have to slash budgets.  

Was busy tonight and didn't see the scores until after 9. Gutted it's a late goal that's done us but nobody to blame but Jim Duffy. We need to hope our defence holds up and we can shitfest our way through, I wouldn't bet my spare change on it though.

A conundrum for Dumbarton fans.

Lose the playoffs and you're in League Two, potentially with a new manager.

Win them and Duffy is more likely to stay and more of the same turgid football next season.

I expected Clyde to win the playoffs if we finished 9th.

Hence, given that there's hardly a fag paper between us, I'd expect Dumbarton (and Duffy) to stay in League One

28 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Aye best of luck, much  rather have Dumbarton in the league than Edinburgh city and their 25 fans

And that was in a promotion play-off match! They are such a weird club. Not sure their return to Meadowbank makes them any more likeable either.

I wouldn't have minded Stirling coming up as Forthbank is a place we love going to but I'd prefer Dumbarton over any of the other three sides. The one thing you can say about Duffy's style is that you'll probably go into the home games well in the tie.

Glad Sons are in the playoffs and not us, for obvious reasons, but really hope they stay up. At least the sons bring some fans and its a decent away trip, unlike the 3 potential league 2 teams that could come up, which are all terrible terrible away trips.

Just now, BallochSonsFan said:

One positive is getting my fitba/hockey double header away day back next season. Clan might not be able to play next year but I'll have Sons v Annan in the afternoon and a Solway Sharks game at night.

Cheers for that Jim.

You can double up with a Cowdenbeath / Fife Flyers away day! 

19 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Win them and Duffy is more likely to stay and more of the same turgid football next season.

Hence, given that there's hardly a fag paper between us, I'd expect Dumbarton (and Duffy) to stay in League One

There will be a huge drop in season ticket sales if Duffy is kept on in any circumstance. Our new owners apparently have ambitions of full time Championship football, I doubt they've watched any of our games in recent weeks and thought Duffy was the man to take us forward.

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

There will be a huge drop in season ticket sales if Duffy is kept on in any circumstance. Our new owners apparently have ambitions of full time Championship football, I doubt they've watched any of our games in recent weeks and thought Duffy was the man to take us forward.

I imagine Jim Duffy will be given the opportunity to quietly intimate his intention not to seek a further contract.  Failing that he'll be informed he won't be getting one.  Ditto Barry Smith.

37 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I think there's zero chance Duffy will be staying on, whatever the outcome.

I think Dumbarton will be relegated in the play-offs. The Sons are, by some considerable distance, the worst side I've seen  in the SPFL this season. They are a team so devoid of flair, guile or an attacking threat - I've watched them five times and they didn't score a single goal.

Stranraer are a handy side and Ruari Paton and Thomas Orr are good players, two of the breakout stars in League 2 this season, and I expect them to stick in a couple. Should they overcome the Blues, they'll likely face Edinburgh City, an even better team who, again, I'd fancy to win promotion outright.

It gives me no pleasure in saying this but I've paid about £50 to watch "Duffyball" over the season and I want vengeance.

The thought of having to watch us another twice is harrowing. I’m not remotely convinced we’ll beat Stranraer, I think we’ll be gone before the final. 

As for Jim Duffy, get yourself to absolute f**k. Maybe if you’d had the balls to let the team attack when we needed goals (see the last ten minutes on Tuesday) we might not be in this position. Without a doubt the least enjoyable Sons team I’ve ever had the displeasure of watching and I genuinely despise everything about them. I hope the entire squad bar 3 are emptied. 

1 minute ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

It gives me no pleasure in saying this but I've paid about £50 to watch "Duffyball" over the season and I want vengeance.

Fair play to you, I’m glad there is someone else out there who at least has had a slight taste of what we’ve had to endure this season. 

6 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I think Dumbarton will be relegated in the play-offs. The Sons are, by some considerable distance, the worst side I've seen  in the SPFL this season. They are a team so devoid of flair, guile or an attacking threat - I've watched them five times and they didn't score a single goal.

Stranraer are a handy side and Ruari Paton and Thomas Orr are good players, two of the breakout stars in League 2 this season, and I expect them to stick in a couple. Should they overcome the Blues, they'll likely face Edinburgh City, an even better team who, again, I'd fancy to win promotion outright.

Don't think you'll find anyone in here disagreeing with that assessment. The vengeance I'd prefer is us staying up and Duffy being fucked out the door though.