Sons' sorrow

11 minutes ago, Mr November said:

He definitely gets a lot of high balls launched towards him and isn't really a target man, so that bit seems spot on. I'd say his most natural role is almost a poacher, I generally feel he does an ok job of holding the ball up but he's at his best in the penalty box. 

Glad some of its correct 😅 still need to figure out a way to be less harsh on players like Gallagher though, as I'm unsure you necessarily need to be a "creator/ball carrier" as a striker. One to work on.

10 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I think Fenwick has been their main man since he arrived. Grant Anderson has also played up top a wee bit too I think. 

I was surprised when they signed Shepherd given he'd not torn things up in League Two. He might do a job for them next season mind you.

Cheers. Yeah Fenwick comes out as a slightly better version of Allan in terms of being a target man, goal threat, and individual ball carrier, so maybe that was something the Forfar management saw and preferred? 

Cheers for this season Jim.

Now off ye f**k. 

Typical that in a dreadful season our late winner in the last game of the season means f**k all.

I'll take a seat on the bus to Brora please Tommy. Leaving Dumbarton at 7 in the morning?

3 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

I am so, so sorry, brothers.

We only have ourselves to blame. Over the course of the season we've thoroughly deserved to finish ninth. I don't think there's much doubt about that.

Would've preferred if you lot had just gone 2-0 down inside 10 minutes rather than give me some hope mind you.

Righty, with Clyde winning tonight, and fair play to them, can we all now avoid pot-mortems and inquests about this game and that game and incidents within ?  Since time immemorial the league table does not lie and we have been dugshite for most of this season.  We move on to the Play-Offs.

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Righty, with Clyde winning tonight, and fair play to them, can we all now avoid pot-mortems and inquests about this game and that game and incidents within ?  Since time immemorial the league table does not lie and we have been dugshite for most of this season.  We move on to the Play-Offs.

On the plus side we've only got a couple more games of total duffball and we'll be rid of the useless b*****d in the dugout and his equally incompetent assistant. Never again will we need to watch Robert Jones, Ruairidh Langan or Ross Forbes. No more Adam Frizzell failing to live up to his potential or Stuart Carswell proving that we were a far better team when we had Kyle Hutton in midfield with him. 

All the best in the play offs. I’m not fishing, that was bloody horrid and I’m sorry we stayed up at your (possible) expense. Given how awful we have been, I would not have had any complaints had we gone down.

From experience, there was definitely a jump in quality from League One to League Two so I wouldn’t quite be resigned to relegation. Hope to see you next season.

One positive is getting my fitba/hockey double header away day back next season. Clan might not be able to play next year but I'll have Sons v Annan in the afternoon and a Solway Sharks game at night.

Cheers for that Jim.

15 minutes ago, DFCdownsouth said:

Livid I gave Clyde £12 tonight

It was inevitably going to end that way. If East Fife hadn't equalised, it would've been much easier to take. As Jan said, its the hope that kills you.