Sons' sorrow

I would hope it's just the stadium sponsor C&G are stepping back from rather than altogether. If memory serves me right, C&G stepped in to sponsor the stadium after the last deal fell through, so it may just be that they committed for a short time in order to give the club some more time to find another sponsor. They've been absolutely terrific for us. 

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I would hope it's just the stadium sponsor C&G are stepping back from rather than altogether. If memory serves me right, C&G stepped in to sponsor the stadium after the last deal fell through, so it may just be that they committed for a short time in order to give the club some more time to find another sponsor. They've been absolutely terrific for us. 

They agreed a 3 year deal which will expire shortly. Hopefully, like you say, it is just the stadium sponsorship that they're stepping back from. https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=3588

Eta They also stepped in as shirt sponsors when Turnberry Homes pulled out early too. 

Edited by microdave

9 hours ago, FifeSons said:

It’s a must not lose IMO.

If we want to avoid the play off places I see it as a must win. If we win, it would be a massive boost. Leapfrog Clyde, 8 points ahead of Forfar in bottom spot and all played the same amount of games. Just the boost we need heading into a split too.

That was a massive win for us last night. The thing that stood out to me most was that the players are still absolutely fighting for the cause and for Duffy. We all accept we don’t have great quality or strength in depth but we do have a squad of players giving their all under a tough schedule and that’s commendable. Their work rate last night was excellent.

The Thistle game is another free hit imo and I’d be tempted to rest a few ahead of the split. Hopefully Rico’s recovered from what looked like a knock but I’d leave him out in any case, along with Nat. A point from Thistle would be tremendous given Clyde play Forfar but they hit Montrose for 5 last night and will be going all out for the title now. A really tough game on tired legs.

Personally I’d prefer Forfar to beat Clyde on Tuesday and for East Fife to beat Peterhead on Saturday. I can’t see Forfar gaining the remaining 5 points on us over the final 4 games so let’s keep Clyde in 9th and pull Peterhead into the mix.

25 minutes ago, Jordo1872 said:

That was a massive win for us last night. The thing that stood out to me most was that the players are still absolutely fighting for the cause and for Duffy. We all accept we don’t have great quality or strength in depth but we do have a squad of players giving their all under a tough schedule and that’s commendable. Their work rate last night was excellent.

The Thistle game is another free hit imo and I’d be tempted to rest a few ahead of the split. Hopefully Rico’s recovered from what looked like a knock but I’d leave him out in any case, along with Nat. A point from Thistle would be tremendous given Clyde play Forfar but they hit Montrose for 5 last night and will be going all out for the title now. A really tough game on tired legs.

Personally I’d prefer Forfar to beat Clyde on Tuesday and for East Fife to beat Peterhead on Saturday. I can’t see Forfar gaining the remaining 5 points on us over the final 4 games so let’s keep Clyde in 9th and pull Peterhead into the mix.

I'd rather East Fife lost at Peterhead tbh. An East Fife win makes it likely Montrose finish in the bottom 5 and we're awful against them.