Sons' sorrow

13 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Suppose we should be resigned to a play off. Which I really don't fancy against any of the teams challenging for 2nd in league 2. Its looking very ominous

At best..? If we get to the split and play another 4 games in our current form (particularly against the teams around us) then we are destined for bottom spot.

Our defensive record is really the only positive thing I have left to cling on too. We may be absolutely woeful going forward but defensively we have been pretty decent all season, bar the collapse at Links Park.

If we were being turned over every week I’d be resigned to relegation, but the defeats are by small margins. Again today with the goal line decision. I realise that teams are only needing one goal to beat us and that the wider performances can’t be ignored but there’s still hope in there that we’ll reverse the form and start nicking a few ourselves. That and the long shot of Layne coming in and getting the goals is all we have.

Still interesting at bottom as none of the teams are in form. All 4 losing today 

Peterhead have efife and Falkirk left so could get nothing and be dragged into it when we all have to play each other post split. 
not losing to Clyde is essential . 

If we'd scored one goal more in each game (which I don't think is much to ask for), then we would be one point behind Falkirk and challenging for the title instead of battling the drop. Lack of goals or rather, chances created and finished are costing us big time. I still think we will avoid bottom place but I can't see us avoiding the play offs and the fear that they bring when we're trying to avoid the drop. Like a few others, I'm not getting angry at the defeats anymore, just a resignation of the whole situation. Whatever happens, Duffy must go at the earliest opportunity and get a young manager with drive and ambition in.

2 minutes ago, microdave said:

If we'd scored one goal more in each game (which I don't think is much to ask for), then we would be one point behind Falkirk and challenging for the title instead of battling the drop. 

That is an absolutely incredible stat. Woah.

2 hours ago, cedrick1 said:

Still interesting at bottom as none of the teams are in form. All 4 losing today 

Peterhead have efife and Falkirk left so could get nothing and be dragged into it when we all have to play each other post split. 
not losing to Clyde is essential . 

Peterhead have a smattering of decent midfield players but I think they are a pretty awful team as well. They lucked out big style with the early red card for Airdrie.

2 hours ago, the snudge said:

Watching this back makes me so sad at the kind of football we're being subjected to now 😢

I'd say that when you think about how Aitken spoke and conducted himself in the interview, compared to when he left the, change is him is huge. Not sure if the introduction of Durrant to the set up changed his attitude and things but he certainly changed in his time with us.

1 minute ago, squeezeboxson said:

I'd say that when you think about how Aitken spoke and conducted himself in the interview, compared to when he left the, change is him is huge. Not sure if the introduction of Durrant to the set up changed his attitude and things but he certainly changed in his time with us.

That's actually a very good point. And something I hadn't noticed before. He lost a wee bit of a glint in his eye and a bit of his enthusiasm at some point in his Sons tenure - and that's when he started falling into a trap of excuses and cliches.

I remember him saying that he was told in the summer of 2016/17 to leave us and not sign a new contract by one of his former managers. He obviously ignored that warning, signed a new deal and the rest is history. But I wonder if that started playing on his mind quite early on in 2017/18 when we had lost a host of good players and really started struggling.

All terrible , 3 bearable
Agreed, all 3 are pretty bad. Don't care which one we end up with as none of them are better than the others.

Were we not meant to be going for a bespoke effort for our 150th Anniversary for next season?

Agreed, all 3 are pretty bad. Don't care which one we end up with as none of them are better than the others.

Were we not meant to be going for a bespoke effort for our 150th Anniversary for next season?

Just training tops, these aren’t strips. Who at the club is allowing these to be our choices?

1 minute ago, super-son said:

Haven't they decided the 150th will be season 2022/23?