Sons' sorrow

Omar, within seconds of coming on, giving Dons fans severe pulpitations!

I would love to see Cove take on Aberdeen but when fans are back! Mitch would fancy his chances hugely against Consi & Hoban

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Jones taking a bit of a hammering on the cup thread.  I thought he done alright, made Aberdeen defenders foul him and gave them a bit of hassle.  Never a goal threat though and ultimately thats what we are lacking.  Probably his previous showings for us going against him, which have been absolutely hoaching.

Thought Ramsbottom, Neill and McGeever were excellent, Neill made a balls up at the goal but overall he was good.

Wedderburn very quiet after the booking.  Good to see quitongo back, Ramsey gave mcalister a horrible first half.

Jones taking a bit of a hammering on the cup thread.  I thought he done alright, made Aberdeen defenders foul him and gave them a bit of hassle.  Never a goal threat though and ultimately thats what we are lacking.  Probably his previous showings for us going against him, which have been absolutely hoaching.

Thought Ramsbottom, Neill and McGeever were excellent, Neill made a balls up at the goal but overall he was good.
Wedderburn very quiet after the booking.  Good to see quitongo back, Ramsey gave mcalister a horrible first half.
Agreed regarding Jones. I think he had a pretty good game. Just a shame he has no end product and the lack of support he got from the wide players.

Wilson should be played centrally or not at all. He just isn't a wide player.

11 minutes ago, super-son said:

Agreed regarding Jones. I think he had a pretty good game. Just a shame he has no end product and the lack of support he got from the wide players.

Wilson should be played centrally or not at all. He just isn't a wide player.

Wilson and Frizzell should be our main threat but both were anonymous today.  Frizzell isn't doing it for me, think we actually get more output from Crossan, who I dont overly rate either. 

Cant remember a sons team with so little attacking options that you can mostly rely on. 

If Layne was fit we might've done something today. Jones played about as well as you could hope but against teams at our level we can't play with our backs to the wall and accept a couple of decent chances every game. We need goals and Jones won't provide them but at least you could see the semblence of a balanced team today. 

If we'd beaten Airdrie and played like that today I'd probably feel great, but today was a free hit and I still feel no better about our league chances.

If Layne was fit we might've done something today. Jones played about as well as you could hope but against teams at our level we can't play with our backs to the wall and accept a couple of decent chances every game. We need goals and Jones won't provide them but at least you could see the semblence of a balanced team today. 
If we'd beaten Airdrie and played like that today I'd probably feel great, but today was a free hit and I still feel no better about our league chances.
Wasn't Layne cup-tied anyway?

2 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Rabin Omar was very good. He really should start as many games as possible now. 

At fault for goal and someone said to me 5 minutes before he was going to do exactly what he did . Game management !!!

38 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:
58 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Yep.

50 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:
1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

A fair point, didn't realise that.

18 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

At fault for goal and someone said to me 5 minutes before he was going to do exactly what he did . Game management !!!

I agree, Omar is a risk and reward type player. He's probably the most likely to create a chance or have a shot at goal but he gives the ball away a lot and makes some silly decisions. He can't play in midfield, he needs to be played as a high winger in that 433 we played today so when he loses the ball we aren't caught out.

Posted this on the match thread but in case some of you don't bother I'll copy it here. Not about playing pretty football anymore...

I'm beginning to think we should stop trying to out football our opponents in the league and should instead stick to counter attacking football. Obviously we wouldn't be nice to watch but in the last week we have twice, reasonably successfully, frustrated opponents who are better than us and in those 2 games we created many more chances than we did in the games we were expected to be more comfortable in.

We would still struggle with the group we have but given the little chances we created vs Forfar, Peterhead and Airdrie it can't be any worse.

Let's play to our strengths by frustrating opponents and if we can cut out the odd lapse in concentration we may have a chance of catching teams on the break.