Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

A difficult listen. All I heard was "obviously" every sentence sometimes twice! The fiddling of his hair is distracting too.

Feel for Dumbarton after having such a fantastic keeper in Dabrowski

Edited by CoveRangers1922

I'd probably also welcome a change in management in the summer.

In Jim's time at the club my emotional investment has progressively reduced to the point I'm fairly ambivalent about what league we're in next year. I'd say this is partly down to the sheer boredom prevalent in most of our matches, coupled with a bit of Covid detachment from the game. The last time I felt truly exercised about one of our results was that 2nd leg playoff.

So, on many levels, a fresh start in August with hopefully some fans back in attendance would be best all round. And Andy Graham is a very fair shout, or even one of our other Championship stalwarts - there's certainly options there. The priority might be someone we feel could carry a load of contacts and be handy in the loan market, given every season for the last decade or more has seemed to turn on the quality of our loanees. 

In Jim's time at the club my emotional investment has progressively reduced to the point I'm fairly ambivalent about what league we're in next year. I'd say this is partly down to the sheer boredom prevalent in most of our matches, coupled with a bit of Covid detachment from the game. The last time I felt truly exercised about one of our results was that 2nd leg playoff.
So, on many levels, a fresh start in August with hopefully some fans back in attendance would be best all round. And Andy Graham is a very fair shout, or even one of our other Championship stalwarts - there's certainly options there. The priority might be someone we feel could carry a load of contacts and be handy in the loan market, given every season for the last decade or more has seemed to turn on the quality of our loanees. 

I’m totally the same - in the championship I’d be nervous and excited all week about upcoming games but right now I’m struggling to even find the motivation to check who we’re playing against next. I’d say this is definitely because of the lazy nature of Duffy’s transfer dealings effectively giving us no chance of anything other than a mid table finish at best. Plus sitting deep and hoofing long balls will never bring positive consistency.

I’m totally the same - in the championship I’d be nervous and excited all week about upcoming games but right now I’m struggling to even find the motivation to check who we’re playing against next. I’d say this is definitely because of the lazy nature of Duffy’s transfer dealings effectively giving us no chance of anything other than a mid table finish at best. Plus sitting deep and hoofing long balls will never bring positive consistency.

Is this not mostly down to the current restrictions though?We’re right in the midst of a relegation battle, and I just couldn’t care less. Haven’t bought the last few streams and doubt I will for the rest of the season. Normally my mood the whole week would be dependent on our result at the weekend/if we had an exciting match coming up but that barely even comes into it anymore, and whilst I’m confident that’ll come back once fans are back in, I’m worried for a lot of people the habit of going to games has been broken and might not return.

Sorry for going off on a tangent there but there you go [emoji23]

I was going to ask what Darren Barr was up to these days under the assumption that he might have decent contacts and had left us to take up a coaching role. It turns out he’s the assistant manager at Annan so I think that’s a no from me.

3 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Andy Rogers on Clyde1 5K minute right now.

Scored 7 out of 10.

"What's the name for a word that reads the same forwards and backwards?" - "Kayak"  😄 😄 

Donated his £35 to Cash for Kids - sound guy.

Isn’t he with Kelty just now? A glorious loan return to the rock...

49 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

How's that p***k allowed into games?

42 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Loosely classed as media, I guess?

Its exposure for the club, so I can’t say I really mind.

I'm we started a youtube channel could we get into games?

11 hours ago, George Parr said:

Maurice Ross, Gary Teale, or a glorious homecoming for Jim McIntyre?