Sons' sorrow

3 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Tomas Brindley

Only young but a very decent prospect.....

Tomas Brindley has joined Dumbarton on a loan deal until the end of the 2020/21 season.

The midfielder, who has made two first team appearances this term, will join the Sons ahead of the League 1 season resuming later this month.

Tomas made his Killie debut against Rangers at Ibrox in August before making his first start in our League Cup victory over Clyde in November.

Edited by C4mmy31

7 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Only young but a very decent prospect.....

Tomas Brindley has joined Dumbarton on a loan deal until the end of the 2020/21 season.

The midfielder, who has made two first team appearances this term, will join the Sons ahead of the League 1 season resuming later this month.

Tomas made his Killie debut against Rangers at Ibrox in August before making his first start in our League Cup victory over Clyde in November.

What kind of player is he? Defensive minded? Playmaker? Please tell us it’s the latter.

39 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Right Mr @Jan Vojáček we’re all expecting your full run down of what kind of player young Brindley is. Work your magic.

@super-son look away now...

My insider at Killie had the following to say....

To be honest mate he hasn’t played much. Saw him against Clyde in the cup and he ran the show right enough. He’s a balanced midfielder, probably more defensive though. But he was beside Mulumbu who was playing the passes that night so he didn’t get the chance to play in a more attacking role.

44 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
1 hour ago, The Moonster said:
I hope he does well but it's yet another centre midfielder, of which we arguably already have 4 of in Carswell, Wedderburn, Langan and Forbes. Unless someone there is leaving then it's a weird signing for me. 

I'd like to think he's ahead of Langan in the pecking order.

Even if he is, is he ahead of Carswell and Wedderburn? Are we going to operate with THREE deep lying/defensive midfielders? The whole season we have struggled for goals and a big part of that is down to Duffy completely failing to sign a player who can create chances. If we are skint then why aren’t we strengthening priority positions instead of adding players to an area of the park where we have plenty of options? It just seems like the budget isn’t being used wisely at a crucial point of a shortened season.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I'd like to think he's ahead of Langan in the pecking order.

With an apparent shoestring budget we can't afford passengers. Most agree Forbes isn't suited playing wide any more, so we now have effectively 5 players suited to 2 positions, even 4 is too many if we discount Forbes IMO. If we've no intention of using Langan then he shouldn't have been signed, it's not like Duffy isn't aware of what he can do, he's basically been the only coach he's ever had.

Johnston and Reilly away. Brindley in.

Now neither of the 2 players who left did anything of note with us. Reilly only played 6 times. It frees up space to bring some new faces it, but I just don't trust Duffy to sign players. This has a very horrible feeling about it. I don't see our struggles changing when play resumes. I think we just need to get to the end of the season and see where we are. If we go down then we go down. I don't want it to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did. If we are relegated then that League Two will be a difficult league. It opens up the potential for us to be playing against colt teams sooner rather than later. 

I really just want this season to be finished regardless of how it ends. We'll deal with things over the summer. Not even an abundance of great away days in that league if Elgin go up. Only really Annan, Edinburgh City, Stirling Albion and Stenny. Brechin possibly going down depending on what happens with the highland/lowland leagues. I hate Stranraer as an away day. Cowdenbeith is just depressing.

Johnston and Reilly away. Brindley in.
Now neither of the 2 players who left did anything of note with us. Reilly only played 6 times. It frees up space to bring some new faces it, but I just don't trust Duffy to sign players. This has a very horrible feeling about it. I don't see our struggles changing when play resumes. I think we just need to get to the end of the season and see where we are. If we go down then we go down. I don't want it to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did. If we are relegated then that League Two will be a difficult league. It opens up the potential for us to be playing against colt teams sooner rather than later. 
I really just want this season to be finished regardless of how it ends. We'll deal with things over the summer. Not even an abundance of great away days in that league if Elgin go up. Only really Annan, Edinburgh City, Stirling Albion and Stenny. Brechin possibly going down depending on what happens with the highland/lowland leagues. I hate Stranraer as an away day. Cowdenbeith is just depressing.
If we don't add to the current squad and the decision is to go for a compressed 22-fixture outcome with Scottish Cup ties thrown then I think there is a realistic possibility of us being at some point unable to start a match with eleven fully fit players.