Sons' sorrow

The Anderson money was paid in full as soon as you asked for it. There are conditions on what it can be spent on but you get the cash up front in the bank account. The compliance is audited retrospectively.
The Scottish Government cash was 50% paid to clubs before Xmas. Not sure when the other half is coming.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-rangers-involved-spfl-crisis-19614454

17 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I've no idea what's going on with the top tier money which was a loan rather than grant anyway. The lower league clubs have now been paid in full.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I spoke to Robert Glen about Kevin Dabrowski last week, and I thought that those of you who aren't in the Lennox's circulation area so can't pick up a paper copy might want to have a wee read of what he had to say. Obviously in normal times I'd be expecting you all to travel from the various parts of the country you all live in, but that apparently isn't classed as "essential travel" these days for some reason. So it's online instead.

Clicky

I suppose most here will have received the email from John Steele. Fair play to John, he's putting his heart and soul into the job and no little effort. The club will benefit I think from his recent retirement from Brunton Miller.

It would though, be foolish to ignore the subtext of the email. John is, in his own diplomatic way, giving us a wee wake up call I think.

23 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Any chance you could surmise the email, or post it up if its nothing confidential? I don't seem to have received it but I think the club might not have my email.

Is it not just the same thing that was posted on the OS? I never actually read it after seeing the heading thing as I’d already read an article with the same heading.

13 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I suppose most here will have received the email from John Steele. Fair play to John, he's putting his heart and soul into the job and no little effort. The club will benefit I think from his recent retirement from Brunton Miller.

It would though, be foolish to ignore the subtext of the email. John is, in his own diplomatic way, giving us a wee wake up call I think.

If its the same thing that's on the OS, and you believe that statement is John warning the fans of existential danger, can I ask why there's a need for diplomacy? 

If we're about to go out of business get the cards on the table and tell fans the situation. Saying times are hard is stating the obvious, if fans are supposed to read that as an SOS and spring into fundraising action then I'm afraid the wake up call is a poor one.

£50K Anderson money which isn’t being used for testing. £150K government money. Ability to furlough players and staff. How can anyone be suggesting that most clubs In Divs 1 and 2 won’t survive. The majority will be better off than they have been for years.
You are making some rather knee-jerk assumptions there. Dumbarton FC had serious financial health problems prior to the pandemic, and whilst the monies you mention are very welcome they have to be balanced against a situation where an already overdrawn company has generated virtually no income since March last year, whilst still having to cover it's obligations. Now, we could argue over how that situation has developed, and I'm not defending it, but it's a reality all the same.
Further than that I'll reserve comment.

£50K Anderson money which isn’t being used for testing. £150K government money. Ability to furlough players and staff. How can anyone be suggesting that most clubs In Divs 1 and 2 won’t survive. The majority will be better off than they have been for years.
I very much doubt that.

Clubs will have incurred costs to make them Covid compliant and also for setting up the streaming service.

Would expect Dumbarton's streaming figures are similar to Clyde's. We are averaging 400 streams per game at £10 compared with an average attendance last season of nearly 900 at £14.

Then there is no hospitality, no player of year nights, no golf days and other fund raisers, no income from bars or pie stalls at the ground. Sale of match day programmes and merchandise down too.

The Scottish Cup and League are now in limbo so there will be uncertainty over if and when prize money will be received from that.

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:

I very much doubt that.

Clubs will have incurred costs to make them Covid compliant and also for setting up the streaming service.

Would expect Dumbarton's streaming figures are similar to Clyde's. We are averaging 400 streams per game at £10 compared with an average attendance last season of nearly 900 at £14.

Then there is no hospitality, no player of year nights, no golf days and other fund raisers, no income from bars or pie stalls at the ground. Sale of match day programmes and merchandise down too.

The Scottish Cup and League are now in limbo so there will be uncertainty over if and when prize money will be received from that.

Quite a few Scottish lower league clubs have been left in debt by events beyond fan’s control and East Fife is one of them. 
I accept some debt will have accrued between March 2020 and the start of this season but with residue of 19/20 season tickets and furlough it would be tens of thousands rather than hundreds.

Assume the league stops now. Not sure how many home games Clyde have had but assume 5 x £12K = £60K + 5 x £3K hospitality = £75K lost revenue.

Anderson £50K, government £150K, streaming £20k, season tickets £50k  = £270K revenue

Players and staff go on furlough. That’s all very broad brush based on Clyde and the equivalent Dumbarton figure may be £200K  but are either any worse off than they were in March and can’t survive until we hopefully get a league and crowds in August ?

I thought this might cheer us all up......
2144535521_BogheadAvenue.jpeg.ad1c1958f32171d01982a13f4145e130.jpeg
I remember arriving there for a midweek game with two friends to find the turnstiles shut. The three of us then walked through the path between the gardens which had a burn running alongside it. One of our company slipped on a bit of wet mud and slid into the burn up to his waist. He was only going for the first half before heading for his nightshift so he now had to abandon any idea of seeing any action. On arrival at the Miller St entrance, he demanded a change of clothes and a taxi to be ordered(and paid for by the club). He got a pair of trackie bottoms to wear and headed off home to get changed for work but had to pay for the taxi himself. The last thing he said before leaving was a request not to tell anyone which we readily agreed to but we didn't last long. It's one of the funniest things I've witnessed in real life [emoji1787]

I remember arriving there for a midweek game with two friends to find the turnstiles shut. The three of us then walked through the path between the gardens which had a burn running alongside it. One of our company slipped on a bit of wet mud and slid into the burn up to his waist. He was only going for the first half before heading for his nightshift so he now had to abandon any idea of seeing any action. On arrival at the Miller St entrance, he demanded a change of clothes and a taxi to be ordered(and paid for by the club). He got a pair of trackie bottoms to wear and headed off home to get changed for work but had to pay for the taxi himself. The last thing he said before leaving was a request not to tell anyone which we readily agreed to but we didn't last long. It's one of the funniest things I've witnessed in real life [emoji1787]
One of my all-time favourite memories of the old place too. I had the great fortune/misfortune to meet the gent in question - let's call him Crazy Billy - on his arrival inside the ground. Never a man to be mistaken for a ray of sunshine, his mood was darker than a Cappielow toilet, but what a laugh for the rest of us.