Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Anybody experiencing symptoms would be tested by the NHS. Lower league players would still be required to test if they were showing symptoms and to report to their clubs for test and trace purposes. Do you think that lower league players are developing symptoms but not getting tested? I'd argue that given their reliance on outside income, a lower league player would be more likely to get tested as they'd need to inform their other employer.

Could be positive with no symptoms. Its for the best this decision but I think it should be across the board. Just  abandoned this season and start again whenever is suitable. Null and void.

Edited by the snudge

2 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Look at the facts.

Plenty of top flight players testing positive and more having to isolate. Almost no lower league players testing positive and having to isolate.

Those are the facts. If we were making decisions based on facts then the top flight would be included in the suspension.

The top flight players testing positive are doing so because they are tested twice a week (maybe 3 times). Lower league players aren't isolating and reporting because they aren't getting tested! Its a scientific fact that young fit people are more likely to be asymptomatic so, in reality, the same number are probably positive as in the top flight but don't actually know it.

If you tested the entire country twice a week we would see a lot more positive tests. Just like if we didn't test top flight players we wouldn't see nearly as many positive tests! Just because we don't see a positive result don't mean its not there!

2 hours ago, Thommo90 said:

Trying to look for positives, might suit us to do some transfer business and miss a few games..

I would doubt we will do much business seeing as we will have 0 income and there is no guarantee we will eventually start up again. The season is cut short as is, we have already got a backlog of 3/4 games due to postponements with another 3/4 coming this month. Where are the spfl fitting these into the calendar?

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

I would doubt we will do much business seeing as we will have 0 income and there is no guarantee we will eventually start up again. The season is cut short as is, we have already got a backlog of 3/4 games due to postponements with another 3/4 coming this month. Where are the spfl fitting these into the calendar?

This is a good point. What are the rules on employing more people and immediately furloughing them? I'd imagine not favourable. Therefore, if the restrictions are in place until after the window closes and games restart in February, every team in League 1 and League 2 needs to see the season out with what they've got (unless there is some sort of extension to the transfer window for those clubs). 

If the game restarts in February, we'll have 5 league games and 2 cup ties to catch up on (if we beat Huntly). That's just about doable but if the restrictions go on longer than the start of February I reckon you'll see the League 1 & 2 seasons voided. Alloa and Arbroath will be rubbing their hands at this I'd imagine. £500K handed out and potentially no relegation. I know they need to test their players now, but the figure banded around for that was £2K a week when the Betfred was going on, so even testing for the rest of the season would leave them with $470K to play with. Also, if our season was voided it leaves prize money up in the air, whereas the Championship clubs will all receive theirs if they play to a finish. This could potentially create a huge financial divide between the Championship and League 1.

24 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

This is a good point. What are the rules on employing more people and immediately furloughing them? I'd imagine not favourable. Therefore, if the restrictions are in place until after the window closes and games restart in February, every team in League 1 and League 2 needs to see the season out with what they've got (unless there is some sort of extension to the transfer window for those clubs). 

If the game restarts in February, we'll have 5 league games and 2 cup ties to catch up on (if we beat Huntly). That's just about doable but if the restrictions go on longer than the start of February I reckon you'll see the League 1 & 2 seasons voided. Alloa and Arbroath will be rubbing their hands at this I'd imagine. £500K handed out and potentially no relegation. I know they need to test their players now, but the figure banded around for that was £2K a week when the Betfred was going on, so even testing for the rest of the season would leave them with $470K to play with. Also, if our season was voided it leaves prize money up in the air, whereas the Championship clubs will all receive theirs if they play to a finish. This could potentially create a huge financial divide between the Championship and League 1.

Would furloughing our players until the end of the season and the season being voided save us money? 

22 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You can't hire someone then immediately furlough them. I had this issue last year when I'd hired staff before the 1st lockdown and they weren't eligible for furlough when we closed. I cant imagine football cubs would be exempt from this. So if we are indeed going down the furlough route then I cant see the squad changing. 

That being said, if we furlough players they won't be able to train or do any official club related business. Would they be ready to go come February if thats the case?

Just now, the snudge said:

Would furloughing our players until the end of the season and the season being voided save us money? 

Furloughing players to the end of the season will absolutely save us money. If the season is voided and we don't get any prize money, I'm unsure how that leaves the balance sheet but I would guess not very balanced. 

1 minute ago, pleslie99 said:

That being said, if we furlough players they won't be able to train or do any official club related business. Would they be ready to go come February if thats the case?

Probably not, but every other club will be in the same situation so nobody really gaining an advantage. Clubs will depend on players keeping themselves fit during this period.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Furloughing players to the end of the season will absolutely save us money. If the season is voided and we don't get any prize money, I'm unsure how that leaves the balance sheet but I would guess not very balanced. 

Probably not, but every other club will be in the same situation so nobody really gaining an advantage. Clubs will depend on players keeping themselves fit during this period.

With no gyms open and limits on how and where you can exercise, ooft. This whole situation is a mess. 

I really am doubting whether every club will survive this. 😕

The leadership at the SPFL have been posted missing. No real statements, moving fixtures to suit Celtic jaunting off to Dubai and different rules to different clubs. Complete rudderless shambles.