Sons' sorrow

12 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

I think, and I may be wrong, that he's at Pollok. I defo read that he joined them.

Yeah he has at Clydebank for a while and a fitness instructor at Cameron house before the fire.

he then went to Dubai to work for a while and came back to sign for Pollock - no idea if he's been retained during their pause in the new WOSFL.

I sound like his stalker or agent but if anyone is looking for a virtual fitness instructor then he is well recommended and easily found on FB. 

Or if the club want to contact him as a back up keeper for that matter....

I see Hibs managed to sign the lad Macey from Arsenal. Had a quick check online and finding it difficult to get clarity on whether it is permanent or not. What is obvious though, is that he has signed for this season at least. This can only help our hopes of re-signing Kevin surely?

Although, we probably can't wait until Marciano is back fit again and run with Smith as our only option. Or can we??

I’m confused but pleasantly surprised that football hasn’t been closed down at our level. Seems a bit odd that Huntly would have been allowed to jaunt 200 miles across the country untested whilst the great majority of us are barely permitted to fart past the front door. 

Edited by George Parr

1 hour ago, George Parr said:

I’m confused but pleasantly surprised that football hasn’t been closed down at our level. Seems a bit odd that Huntly would have been allowed to jaunt 200 miles across the country untested whilst the great majority of us are barely permitted to fart past the front door. 

John Swinney addressed that on the radio the other day, and basically said that they are looking to take action that will have an impact on the spread. Hence closing schools, businesses and whatever else which should have an impact on the R number.

There are (comparatively) so few people involved in professional sport that, when played off against the positive mental impact that watching a sports team can have, it was deemed to be of more benefit to keep games on. Especially when infection control measures have been pretty successful so to date. 

I can't disagree that it's strange, but having Sons back (even when we're bad) has definitely given me a huge boost. And not just because it helps me in my day job. It's given me something other than Covid to fill my mind with. 

I know I'm obviously in an extremely fortunate position where I can go to games, but see spending 3 hours at the Rock or whatever where all you care about is PJ Crossan's fitness and why Jim Duffy isn't playing Jaime Wilson? It feels like being on holiday from my own mind.

31 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not sure we needed Hamilton anyway tbh, it was a poor loan to get in if centre midfield was where he was supposed to play. Interested to see what happens with Frizzell now, Barry Smith might get a game on Tuesday if he leaves.

I do agree aye, but it’s slightly concerning that Duffy wanted to keep him and he’s ended up at a club in the division below. It was only a few days ago Duffy was saying he expected him to stay.

I just have no confidence in him to find a decent replace/good player for a different position. Every transfer window under him just seems to get worse.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I do agree aye, but it’s slightly concerning that Duffy wanted to keep him and he’s ended up at a club in the division below. It was only a few days ago Duffy was saying he expected him to stay.

I just have no confidence in him to find a decent replace/good player for a different position. Every transfer window under him just seems to get worse.

That is concerning. How do we know that? I’ve missed it. I’d just assumed Duffy was fine letting him go.

Edited by FifeSons

8 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

That is concerning. How do we know that? I’ve missed it. I’d just assumed Duffy was fine letting him go.

Shameless self promotion-o'clock.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/dumbarton-boss-duffy-keen-tie-23270056#ICID=Android_DailyRecordNewsApp_AppShare

Reading that I do wonder if Stirling have perhaps offered to cover more of Hamilton’s wages as Duffy keeps referring to the finances allowing us to tie them down

This is threatening to become an absolute mess of a season. No first choice keeper. A thin squad losing another player. No creativity. A lack of reliable goal threat.
The next 3 weeks will effectively decide whether we stay up or get relegated.

NULL AND VOID THE SEASON.

13 hours ago, FifeSons said:

That is concerning though. I assume Hamilton/Neilson were fed up with him being played all over the place.

I believe this is the case. He's a centre half who can play defensive midfield and we want him playing regularly in one position. Didn't Duffy play him wide right a few times?