Sons' sorrow

The Anderson money was paid in full as soon as you asked for it. There are conditions on what it can be spent on but you get the cash up front in the bank account. The compliance is audited retrospectively.
The Scottish Government cash was 50% paid to clubs before Xmas. Not sure when the other half is coming.
Thanks for that answer. I think the key point about the Anderson money was a community benefit aspect with subsequent accountability - this is what I meant about 'conditions', ie it can't simply be allocated to squad building, wages, etc.,

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Since March last year the club has received around £30-35K in donations from fans, £50k from James Anderson and £150k from the government. We also had the players and staff furloughed for much of last year. I get we have running costs and we've barely had a home game, but surely with over £230K in donations in the last year (and the low level of player we have on our books) the stress of staying in business isn't quite what it was when this kicked off? 

Not forgetting the prize money which would be around £70k and the season ticket money.

56 minutes ago, Sub-Keeper said:

Off topic but nice to see some positive exposure and interest in the club!

Fair play to him, certainly enthusiastic.

Good to see the function room inside the Stand looking great with all the memorabilia on the walls 👍

Edited by Silverton End

4 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:
The Anderson money was paid in full as soon as you asked for it. There are conditions on what it can be spent on but you get the cash up front in the bank account. The compliance is audited retrospectively.
The Scottish Government cash was 50% paid to clubs before Xmas. Not sure when the other half is coming.

Thanks for that answer. I think the key point about the Anderson money was a community benefit aspect with subsequent accountability - this is what I meant about 'conditions', ie it can't simply be allocated to squad building, wages, etc.,

Maybe that would explain why the players have been out and about in the community delivering meals and big novelty cheques 

No way is the game going ahead this weekend. How early can they call it off? Late Friday afternoon to avoid Huntley having to travel? Really early Saturday morning? With temperatures forecast to struggle around freezing all day tomorrow and overnight temps down to as low as -7, theres just no way this game is going ahead.

On 06/01/2021 at 19:39, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The young lad shouldn’t even be anywhere near our bench, nevermind starting. I’m for having these young lads training with us or even travelling with the squad on matchdays but they are nowhere near ready for this level of football straight from Dumbarton Utd. 

Talking of young lads training and travelling with us, where's Josh Lumsden these days?

Minus 3 showing on the car in Dumbarton this morning. Tomorrow has no chance and even a switch to Sunday would struggle IMO, the ground has been frozen solid for well over a week.
If the quoted temperatures are correct and they have been bang on so far, no chance the game will go ahead this weekend.

I just got Huntly's squad list and info sent over...

11 Max McGinlay (19) – Forward: Joined on loan from Formartine United and can play in a number of attacking positions. McGinlay may be a familiar name to Dumbarton with his father, Dave scoring a double for Huntly in their last cup meeting in 1992.

I just got Huntly's squad list and info sent over...
11 Max McGinlay (19) – Forward: Joined on loan from Formartine United and can play in a number of attacking positions. McGinlay may be a familiar name to Dumbarton with his father, Dave scoring a double for Huntly in their last cup meeting in 1992.

In that case, we're fucked.
The name Marco de Barros is scorched on my memory, if he didn't score, why?  Maybe he was the orchestrator of the defeat.  Or maybe it's just the unusual name.
He's the other one I remember. I think he played well but it's probably the exoticness of his name.

Eta Dave is the brother of John McGinlay who played for Bolton and Scotland in the 90's.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

For me the bigger emergency is replacing Dabrowski and using this period to get PJ and Reilly back to fitness to at least give us some outfield options; three cancelled home fixtures does not yet represent a crisis.

Whilst I’d agree, the lack of cashflow certainly wont be helping with the above. Streaming revenue wont be the same as matchday revenue but it’s also better than zip. We’ve only had 2 home games in 2 months.

I see there is an inspection planned for 1pm today so I think we can safely write this weekend off.