Sons' sorrow

That’s an absolute fucking disaster. Christ knows what Duffy will do now, I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if he went with Smith as first choice for the rest of the season if he’s managed to overcome his injury. Either way I just can’t say I have faith in Duffy to find an adequate replacement.

Fully expecting Smith as number one and the young lad we had in from Dumbarton United as backup knowing Duffy.

Is there any chance of us getting Kevin back again once Hibs sign another keeper or does that break rules of some kind?

30 minutes ago, son hawk said:

Fully expecting Smith as number one and the young lad we had in from Dumbarton United as backup knowing Duffy.

Is there any chance of us getting Kevin back again once Hibs sign another keeper or does that break rules of some kind?

Hibs were linked with a loan deal for Arsenal's Matt Macey this morning, so there's nothing to stop them bringing him in and Kev coming back to us.

I don't think they'd recall him if they were close to signing another keeper though. To be honest I reckon he's more than good enough to play in the Premiership, Jack Ross has probably clocked that and realised that signing another goalkeeper on loan was more expensive than just playing one who is already under contract.

23 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Huntly will fancy their chances now.

Do you really believe that he was the difference between us winning vs Huntly or not?

Fwiw, I think he is still a bit raw for the Premiership but if he hits the ground running he will make a fist of it I am sure. Danny Rogers seems to be doing alright (give or take a few errors) and they are probably pretty similar in that they could produce brilliant saves but also sometimes lacked in other areas. Albeit, Danny has a few years on Kevin.

32 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

In any other season I reckon I'd want Duffy bagged for our keeper situation, it's an absolute shambles. Lets hope he finds a suitable replacement as Chris Smith isn't fit enough or good enough to play two thirds of a season.

It's hardly Duffy's fault that Hibs keeper got injured and their loan keeper was recalled.

Totally changing the subject...
But looking at the forecast I wonder if we might see the game switched to Sunday afternoon to make sure it goes ahead? It should be five degrees by midday on Saturday, but if we do another early inspection (especially if its Huntly) then it might not pass again.
https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcuy20t0g#?date=2021-01-09
I'd be very surprised if the park softened up enough between Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon even with those temps.

19 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

It's hardly Duffy's fault that Hibs keeper got injured and their loan keeper was recalled.

Perhaps not. But he's at fault for our only back up keepers being an unfit 34 year old, an emergency loan from a junior side and  a 16 year from the local boys club. I get that money is tight this year so I'll cut him some slack but he's wasted wages on others that could've been used better around the squad.

27 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:
3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:
Totally changing the subject...
But looking at the forecast I wonder if we might see the game switched to Sunday afternoon to make sure it goes ahead? It should be five degrees by midday on Saturday, but if we do another early inspection (especially if its Huntly) then it might not pass again.
https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcuy20t0g#?date=2021-01-09

I'd be very surprised if the park softened up enough between Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon even with those temps.

What sort of temperatures/weather do you think we need to get the park playable? Are we ideally needing a week of milder 6-8 degrees with a bit of limited rainfall? 

Feel like I spend far too much time on the Met Office these days! But with heavy rain due next week I wondered if that might end up waterlogging the park when it defrosts. 

55 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Do you really believe that he was the difference between us winning vs Huntly or not?

Nah, not really, I wasn’t being entirely serious. I’d expect us to win either way, but I guess stranger things have happened.

Edited by FifeSons

16 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Nah, not really, I wasn’t being entirely serious. I’d expect us to win either way, but I guess stranger things have happened.

That's fair enough. There are people over on the Facebook page who actually do believe we are no better than Huntly or Cumbernauld Colts though... 😬