Sons' sorrow

Thank God someone still buys the paper!
Today we've been called "SNP brainwashing" and a "Tory rag" - so basically whatever politics you're into we've got something for you. 
LOL. The Lennox has dutifully served as a Labour cheerleader for decades; I wouldn't like to guess how many uncritical puff pieces Jackie Baillie has enjoyed down the years. With the council and the Westminster seat no longer under Labour control you'd have thought there may have been more balance, but no.

57 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
13 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:
Today we've been called "SNP brainwashing" and a "Tory rag" - so basically whatever politics you're into we've got something for you. 

LOL. The Lennox has dutifully served as a Labour cheerleader for decades; I wouldn't like to guess how many uncritical puff pastries Jackie Baillie has enjoyed down the years. With the council and the Westminster seat no longer under Labour control you'd have thought there may have been more balance, but no.

This too.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
13 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

LOL. The Lennox has dutifully served as a Labour cheerleader for decades; I wouldn't like to guess how many uncritical puff pieces Jackie Baillie has enjoyed down the years. With the council and the Westminster seat no longer under Labour control you'd have thought there may have been more balance, but no.

I'll add "Labour cheerleader" to "Tory rag" and "SNP brainwashing" then. That's a good effort. Glad we have all the major parties covered.

17 minutes ago, microdave said:

I won't be buying it until they start giving the birthday party a fair crack of the whip. Although, I think that party is banned at the moment.

The pre Bad Seeds outfit of Mr Nick Cave?

I'm not sure that the people of Dumbarton and the Vale of Leven are ready for such music.

Totally changing the subject...

But looking at the forecast I wonder if we might see the game switched to Sunday afternoon to make sure it goes ahead? It should be five degrees by midday on Saturday, but if we do another early inspection (especially if its Huntly) then it might not pass again.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcuy20t0g#?date=2021-01-09

9 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

It was -5 this morning. Problem we've got is that the ground might be thawing a little during the day but it's just re-freezing. We could really do with a few days of warmer temperatures.

Makes even more sense to switch it to Sunday then. Looks like the temperatures will be well above freezing from midday on Saturday, with a couple of light rain showers due.

I've no idea if it's even possible to do, but it would be a right pest to have another game called off - especially if it gets moved to a midweek and is then called off again!

On 04/01/2021 at 19:20, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

According to Jim Duffy he’s staying. As good as big Kev is I’m not sure he’s ready to be Hibs number 1. They don’t have a game until the 11th so hopefully they can get something sorted before then and big Kev can continue to do his best to lead us to 0-0 draws. 

That’s the problem when you have players on loan all your best laid plans can go up in the air when you have no say if parent club recalls. We would pretty much be in the same boat if Livingstone ask for big Jack Hamilton to return.

14 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

That’s an absolute fucking disaster. Christ knows what Duffy will do now, I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if he went with Smith as first choice for the rest of the season if he’s managed to overcome his injury. Either way I just can’t say I have faith in Duffy to find an adequate replacement.