Sons' sorrow

Is there? A contradiction in what way? 
The Clyde fans made a bit of a fool of themselves suggesting Dumbarton were up to mischief and didn't want to play Clyde, a wee while back. 
Of course Dumbarton want these games on. Fixture pile ups suit nobody and you might find a lower PPV income for midweek than a Saturday, albeit marginally. It's annoying, but it isnae a conspiracy. A bit incompetent, but not malicious. 
And I got my shroud for Christmas, so no, I'm keeping it on. 
No denying some of the Clyde fans were a seething mess over the postponement.

The rest were frustrated at the postponement for the same reason as you. We had beat Dumbarton in the league cup and followed it up by beating Thistle in the league. Having a week off was far from ideal.

We also lost the rearranged game to a Frizzle goal, who wasn't a Dumbarton player when the original game was scheduled. That really didn't help the seethe levels [emoji23]

13 hours ago, The Moonster said:

That's the earliest we can call an inspection and unfortunately we can't take the call ourselves. There is absolutely no chance it's going ahead.

How did Arbroath get an earlier inspection this morning? Its pre 9am and theirs is already off following an inspection?

Just now, the snudge said:

Should just play it at Airdrie tomorrow. Probably against some SPFL guidelines

I'm sure we are only due to play you at home once and have already moved a fixture. You'd probably prefer to play us at our place right enough.

2 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

I'm sure we are only due to play you at home once and have already moved a fixture. You'd probably prefer to play us at our place right enough.

Granted it's on Astro, but with no fans the ground really doesn't make a difference at the moment. I'd be more than happy for us to switch it to Airdrie again tbh. It's handier for most of our players too.

Just now, Dumbarton Rock said:
33 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:
How did Arbroath get an earlier inspection this morning? Its pre 9am and theirs is already off following an inspection?

To be fair these pitch inspections could have been done last Tuesday with the same result.

Looking at the forecast for the next week the weather doesn't look to go above three degrees at any point. Assuming that's correct, is there any chance of next week being on either? 

Looking at the forecast for the next week the weather doesn't look to go above three degrees at any point. Assuming that's correct, is there any chance of next week being on either? 
Not looking promising, looks like it's not really to rise much above 4, the biggest problem will be right up the stand side as it doesn't get any sun at all at this time of year. A wee bit of rain forecast later on in the week that should help as long as we don't get a heavy frost after it. Not a quick fix in these temperatures I'm afraid.

I can understand the earlier criticism for the waterlogged pitch but really what do you expect today.

everywhere is frozen solid 

if any one suggests we should get a plastic pitch can they also add who is going to pay for it

lets be real

41 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I assume the ref got up early.

Looking forward to more angry reactions from top blokes like Andrew Bennett and this Passionate numpty.

2 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:
6 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Not looking promising, looks like it's not really to rise much above 4, the biggest problem will be right up the stand side as it doesn't get any sun at all at this time of year. A wee bit of rain forecast later on in the week that should help as long as we don't get a heavy frost after it. Not a quick fix in these temperatures I'm afraid.

Ach that's kind of what I feared you'd say. Typical that we get a run of home fixtures just as the cold weather hits.

Think we'll be playing Saturday/Tuesday rather a lot in March and April. Hopefully we can get a wee five week spell of warm weather and only a wee bit of rain.

My other worry is if we get a Covid outbreak or one of our opponents does. That's already two games we have to catch up on, a Covid outbreak could add another two to that and it's only the first week in February. The season has to be finished by May 1 - and at the moment we have 18 games to play in 17 weeks (that will become 19 if we win our Scottish Cup tie too).