Sons' sorrow

It's a fair question but you have to wonder about the mindset of any Dumbarton fan who chooses to watches other Scottish football clubs whilst their own is in action. 

I’m sure there are a number of Sons fans that also support the old firm.
I’m just saying there may have been a good few additional people that would have paid for our stream if the game was at 3pm.

11 hours ago, George Parr said:

It's a fair question but you have to wonder about the mindset of any Dumbarton fan who chooses to watches other Scottish football clubs whilst their own is in action. 

There are a number of people who will have pre paid subscriptions to Sky/BT and maybe feel paying £12 for a 1 off game is too much so will watch whatever game is shown live on the platforms they already have. There are a number of reasons I can think tbh

55 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Am I the only one getting the absolute fear looking at that potential draw? We’ve got massive scalp for Tranent Juniors written all over us this season.

More likely we'll get someone extremely boring with about 10 fans watching the stream and a guaranteed loss, like Inverness Away.

Edited by FifeSons

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

There are a number of people who will have pre paid subscriptions to Sky/BT and maybe feel paying £12 for a 1 off game is too much so will watch whatever game is shown live on the platforms they already have. There are a number of reasons I can think tbh

Nah, that's a piss-weak reason tbh.

Huntly will be sending a shiver down some of our fans' spines I'm imagining.
I was a fresh faced 17 yo back then and took no end of abuse from my mates. Even when we won the league at the end of that season, there was still one saying it counts for nothing since we couldn't beat a Highland league side. However, I'd like to play them again to avenge that day. I'd have been happy with Bonnyrigg too for the same reason.

1 minute ago, microdave said:
5 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I was a fresh faced 17 yo back then and took no end of abuse from my mates. Even when we won the league at the end of that season, there was still one saying it counts for nothing since we couldn't beat a Highland league side. However, I'd like to play them again to avenge that day. I'd have been happy with Bonnyrigg too for the same reason.

Huntly look considerably worse than Bonnyrigg, I reckon. If we can't beat them it might be time to pack it in.

Huntly look considerably worse than Bonnyrigg, I reckon. If we can't beat them it might be time to pack it in.
I was just looking at the respective tables and it looks that way although Huntly have only played three games so far. A wee word of caution though as I (and probably others) thought the game in 1992 was a foregone conclusion.

7 minutes ago, microdave said:
15 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I was just looking at the respective tables and it looks that way although Huntly have only played three games so far. A wee word of caution though as I (and probably others) thought the game in 1992 was a foregone conclusion.

The teams they have played so far are garbage, though (including a draw with Lossiemouth who finished below even Fort William last season). They were also pretty dreadful last season. Clicky.

Looks like in 1992 they were at least a top-end Highland League side.

Edited by FifeSons

5 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

The teams they have played so far are garbage, though (including a draw with Lossiemouth who finished below even Fort William last season). They were also pretty dreadful last season. Clicky.

Looks like in 1992 they were at least a top-end Highland League side.

Domnhall Moireasdan, it's your time to shine.

29 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Nah, that's a piss-weak reason tbh.

Thats your opinion. I assume you are one of these people that think folk aren't real fans if they don't go to every game, buy a season ticket, every replica top and every live stream. Some people have differing priorities and are unable to watch when they like, sorry that you think their reasons are piss poor.

5 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Thats your opinion. I assume you are one of these people that think folk aren't real fans if they don't go to every game, buy a season ticket, every replica top and every live stream. Some people have differing priorities and are unable to watch when they like, sorry that you think their reasons are piss poor.

No idea where you plucked that wee assumption from...it's not correct.

And I didn't say all reasons for not watching were piss poor but no need to apologise regardless.

Huntly fully deserved their win that day, and we took it on the chin and moved on. I'm reckoning that the current Huntly team and possibly also the Colts team aren't any great shakes, but then again neither are we. Whatever happens it won't be any great 'shock'.

38 minutes ago, microdave said:
42 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Here they say "Dumbarton's season went downhill after that". Someone needs to get them told.