Sons' sorrow

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’d like to think that any agreement with a parent club wouldn’t require you to play the loanees at all times, in their preferred position regardless of form or injuries. Parent clubs will understand that it’s pretty much impossible to committ to that in competitive football with paying fans. I can only speak for ourselves but we’ve had loads over the years who end up sitting on the bench if they aren’t good enough or covering other positions when required. I can’t really remember us ever being forced into playing a loanee every game in a certain position. 

It felt like that one seasom in the bottom division (Gerry McCabe's time?) when we had a loanee from Kilmarnock who was pretty rubbish but stilll got a game every week.

I’d like to think that any agreement with a parent club wouldn’t require you to play the loanees at all times, in their preferred position regardless of form or injuries. Parent clubs will understand that it’s pretty much impossible to committ to that in competitive football with paying fans. I can only speak for ourselves but we’ve had loads over the years who end up sitting on the bench if they aren’t good enough or covering other positions when required. I can’t really remember us ever being forced into playing a loanee every game in a certain position. 
I think the parent club has the right to expect fairly regular football for their loanees but there should be no back seat driving. The only episode I know of was when a then Celtic official came to the Rock and was livid when he discovered that his loanee wasn't in the starting lineup.

26 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I think the parent club has the right to expect fairly regular football for their loanees but there should be no back seat driving. The only episode I know of was when a then Celtic official came to the Rock and was livid when he discovered that his loanee wasn't in the starting lineup.

Jack Aitchison?

19 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Whats not to like? Sounds like a win win for both clubs to me? Hibs send their promising youngsters to a team and guarantee them football against real men. Stenny benefit from getting some good quality young players out to prove themselves.

I'm sure if it was us, we wouldn't be turning our nose up at it.

it depends on the detail. I remember a similar arrangement being suggested between ourselves and Rangers when Rangers u 21s played at the Rock.

There was outrage, perhaps partly due to the club in question and partly due to the words "feeder club" being used.

1 hour ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

it depends on the detail. I remember a similar arrangement being suggested between ourselves and Rangers when Rangers u 21s played at the Rock.

There was outrage, perhaps partly due to the club in question and partly due to the words "feeder club" being used.

Yeah I think the outrage would be the fact it was one of the OF rather than a partnership. As Moonster says, any link with either half of the OF is going to divide people. 

It may well depend on the detail but at 1st glance it seems like a winner for both tbh and id be happy if we had something similar with someone with some decent young talent. Although saying that 'Duffyball' may consign them to a life in the lower echelons of the football pyramid.

11 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I'm just reading the report on last night's Hibs game and I see that Marciano was taken off with a hamstring strain. The reserve keeper Dillon Barnes will play at Ibrox on Saturday, but who will be the sub keeper ? Asking for a friend.

Craig Samson. What prize do I win?

22 hours ago, The Moonster said:

If we were to set up something similar with the likes of St Johnstone I don't think you'd hear many complaints, when it's either of the old firm you'll always get blowback. This year especially something like that would've been really helpful, we have 6 loans to use.

We can offer you a Zander Clark, a Cammy Ballantyne,  Guy Melamed, and a Callum Hendry, for the next half season, if you accept our gracious offer to be club buddies again.

We fired TW to try and help rebuild this fractured relationship. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

We can offer you a Zander Clark, a Cammy Ballantyne,  Guy Melamed, and a Callum Hendry, for the next half season, if you accept our gracious offer to be club buddies again.

We fired TW to try and help rebuild this fractured relationship. 

St JohnSons definitely has a ring to it.

Explain please.

A direct link between a large club and a small club, several players from the one club on loan at the same time, more direct conversations between the larger clubs coaches and the smaller clubs manager, pressure to play a certain way to suit the larger club, the carrot of further loans if you do. It’s not difficult to see how that would lead to calls for greater and more formal links

11 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

A direct link between a large club and a small club, several players from the one club on loan at the same time, more direct conversations between the larger clubs coaches and the smaller clubs manager, pressure to play a certain way to suit the larger club, the carrot of further loans if you do. It’s not difficult to see how that would lead to calls for greater and more formal links

So you think Stenny will give up a 100+ years of tradition to be rebranded as Hibernian Colts just for a couple of young loanees?