Sons' sorrow

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Unfortunately there wasn't. It was absolutely hilarious though. 

The Cove kitman telling Wardrop to "f*cking shut up" and their directors claiming loudly for everything possible, especially after going behind, certainly added a bit to the game. The same kitman randomly squirting out waterbottles left at the side of the pitch was weird too. I don't know if they were ours or not, but it seemed strange to just empty them for no apparent reason.

I reckon if there was a crowd there it would've been really feisty. You can tell that they aren't used to losing games because there were a few heads starting to go in the final minutes. I can see why their playoff games with Cowdenbeath a few years ago bubbled right over.

Hartley was at it as well. Hamilton caught his boots in the turf and went over his ankle and Hartley was shouting "get the f**k up" at him.

That was right from the off.

I quite enjoyed their board members acting the way they did. Got my back up a bit and got me shouting for everything as well when I got to watch a wee bit.

Gutted to miss the Duffy run in though. Sounds like it would have made a cracking gif.

16 hours ago, sarti pooh said:

Unfortunately Pixellot isn't compatible with smart tvs  :(

Does it work with chrimecast/miracast?

If it won't play on a smart TV directly but will play on a tablet then the answer could be to mirror the tablet screen using Miracast/Chromecast.

I actually thought Cove were dirty b*****ds yesterday, I was surprised at how physical they were. I obviously wasn’t there but you could completely tell from the stream that they were not used to being behind/not dominating the game. 

Someone would do well to remind the kitman they aren’t playing in some hillbilly village league anymore, behaving like a jumped up hick isn’t really the norm up here. I really hope the players gave him and the rest the riff raff a bit of a GIRUY at full-time.

13 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Does it work with chrimecast/miracast?

If it won't play on a smart TV directly but will play on a tablet then the answer could be to mirror the tablet screen using Miracast/Chromecast.

Aye I believe a few folk on here Chromecast it. So yeah definitely a good shout 👌 

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Unfortunately there wasn't. It was absolutely hilarious though. 

The Cove kitman telling Wardrop to "f*cking shut up" and their directors claiming loudly for everything possible, especially after going behind, certainly added a bit to the game. The same kitman randomly squirting out waterbottles left at the side of the pitch was weird too. I don't know if they were ours or not, but it seemed strange to just empty them for no apparent reason.

I assume for Covid reasons they’re treating the bottles as single use, that was my immediate thought when you mentioned it on commentary anyway.

1 hour ago, sarti pooh said:

Hartley was at it as well. Hamilton caught his boots in the turf and went over his ankle and Hartley was shouting "get the f**k up" at him.

That was right from the off.

I quite enjoyed their board members acting the way they did. Got my back up a bit and got me shouting for everything as well when I got to watch a wee bit.

Gutted to miss the Duffy run in though. Sounds like it would have made a cracking gif.

Let's be honest, Dumbarton have had a fairly good time vs Hartley over the years. He is definitely in my top 3 of managers I most like getting one over on. Since that bitter display of petulance when we handed his Alloa teams their arses back to them on a plate.

In some way, it isn't that much of a surprise that he is in charge of a team who get overly physical and equally petulant when things don't go their way. They will do themselves a big favour if they realise that no team has any entitlement, at this level, of beating anyone else.

Edited by squeezeboxson

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I can see why their playoff games with Cowdenbeath a few years ago bubbled right over.

That sounded like absolute carnage. I’m sure there was something hilarious involving a director there too (I want to say it involved someone getting called a teuchter? But I might have invented that because it sounds funny).

Let's be honest, Dumbarton have had a fairly good time vs Hartley over the years. He is definitely in my top 3 of managers I most like getting one over on. Since that bitter display of petulance when we handed his Alloa teams their arses back to them on a plate.
In some way, it isn't that much of a surprise that he is in charge of a team who get overly physical and equally petulant when things don't go their way. They will do themselves a big favour if they realise that no team has any entitlement, at this level, of beating anyone else.
At least this time he didn't run down the touchline to block one of our players from taking a long throw in.

1 hour ago, GordyBrow said:

I assume for Covid reasons they’re treating the bottles as single use, that was my immediate thought when you mentioned it on commentary anyway.

I wondered that myself. But then what's the point in even having those at the side of the pitch in the first place if they aren't numbered or initialled? 

It wasn't a big thing. It just looked a bit bizarre!

19 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:
1 hour ago, squeezeboxson said:

At least this time he didn't run down the touchline to block one of our players from taking a long throw in.

If only Letheren hadn’t made that amazing save (from I think Prunty?) at the death, we would’ve officially ended Hartley’s career there and then.

I’m not sure we’d have made it out of Dens alive though.

Edited by FifeSons

Cove meltdowns making yesterday quite a bit better. If anyone more IT savvy than me could make a clip of that ridiculous shot from 40 yards from yon Cove lad accompanied by Hartley shouting "f**k off" that would allow me to play it continuously on a loop for the rest of the weekend.

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Cove meltdowns making yesterday quite a bit better. If anyone more IT savvy than me could make a clip of that ridiculous shot from 40 yards from yon Cove lad accompanied by Hartley shouting "f**k off" that would allow me to play it continuously on a loop for the rest of the weekend.

Their official match report is great reading too.

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'll try sort that for you.

While on the subject of  glorious things on loop.

Nat Wedderburn.gif

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I wondered that myself. But then what's the point in even having those at the side of the pitch in the first place if they aren't numbered or initialled? 

It wasn't a big thing. It just looked a bit bizarre!

I assume that’s the reason they’re using actual bottles rather than sports water bottles. Throw them out sealed, each player takes one and only one, dump out the remainder.

I can’t imagine the other protocols at Cove’s (our) level make it worthwhile though.

Edited by GordyBrow