Sons' sorrow

14 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Thats what happens when you sell Hampden to the SFA.

They are being funded by Tom Hunter and Willie Haughey AFAIK. One of them is worth £252m to give you a scale of how much these guys can afford to piss away on Scottish lower league football.

I can’t see them spunking the Hampden money on paying ex Falkirk jobbers an eye watering League 2 wage. I’m not sure they’ve even received that yet? 

I found this in an article on the Scotsman website - “A bright future now looks assured as Queen’s will receive financial backing from Lord Willie Haughey who, along with Sir Tom Hunter, stepped in to bridge the gap when the SFA could not agree on the purchase price for Hampden, and has pledged a transfer kitty to help get a professional squad established.”

From a totally selfish point of view, I absolutely love the streaming since it means I can watch every single game from down South (whereas I would only see a handful of games a season otherwise).
I'll of course be pleased when we can get crowds back in, but I'll also be gutted not to be able to see all the games anymore.
I'm with you on that one. It's been brillaint for me this season being able to watch all the games. I usually only get to a handful a season, if that, and now with a 1 year old, the 600 mile round trio is even less likely! Obviously I want fans back in too but I will be gutted when I can't follow as closely as I have been this year.

What do you think the likelihood is of streaming continuing after the pandemic? I for one would happily pay the price of a season ticket to the club if it meant I could watch all the home games. If there were enough takers from far afield then it could generate some extra revenue for the club as people like me wouldn't be paying for match day tickets anyway in a normal season due to the distance involved.

I guess it depends on how much it costs the club to stream games vs people paying to watch the streams and also the TV licensing rules (which in my opinion are a bit of a farce when none of the games are ever shown on TV)?

1 hour ago, DFCdownsouth said:

I'm with you on that one. It's been brillaint for me this season being able to watch all the games. I usually only get to a handful a season, if that, and now with a 1 year old, the 600 mile round trio is even less likely! Obviously I want fans back in too but I will be gutted when I can't follow as closely as I have been this year.

What do you think the likelihood is of streaming continuing after the pandemic? I for one would happily pay the price of a season ticket to the club if it meant I could watch all the home games. If there were enough takers from far afield then it could generate some extra revenue for the club as people like me wouldn't be paying for match day tickets anyway in a normal season due to the distance involved.

I guess it depends on how much it costs the club to stream games vs people paying to watch the streams and also the TV licensing rules (which in my opinion are a bit of a farce when none of the games are ever shown on TV)?

I’ve always just expected the streaming will end when fans are allowed back in, for the reasons you mention. Though maybe some fans might not feel safe going back straight away, so the market for streaming could still be there.

I’d also happily pay a premium to continue watching. I’d much rather give my money to DFC and be able to watch the games than spend it seeing my English team.

Edited by FifeSons

Almost exactly 4 years from that infamous visit to New Dundas Park, Stevie Aitken leaves Bonnyrigg an unhappy manager as East Kilbride are beaten 2-1.
Hutts sent off early in the second half with a second yellow.

18 minutes ago, GHibee said:

Almost exactly 4 years from that infamous visit to New Dundas Park, Stevie Aitken leaves Bonnyrigg an unhappy manager as East Kilbride are beaten 2-1.

It looks like Aitken was doing the match uodates on the EK Twitter today. Absolute state of it.

42 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Meanwhile back at the ranch Forfar rather contradicting those who thought we played well at Peterhead last week.

Perhaps, or perhaps in fitba' things aren't quite as simple as that. Dumbarton will finish above both Peterhead and Forfar IMHO. Feel free to bookmark though because I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, GHibee said:

Clearly the previous visit had not #toughthimwell

6 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I’ve always just expected the streaming will end when fans are allowed back in, for the reasons you mention. Though maybe some fans might not feel safe going back straight away, so the market for streaming could still be there.

I’d also happily pay a premium to continue watching. I’d much rather give my money to DFC and be able to watch the games than spend it seeing my English team.

I hope streaming doesn't end before the season does. I usually don't get to home games as I live at least 2 hours away by car. I bought a season ticket for this season precisely because I could watch the games from home. I would feel short-changed if the streaming were to stop. But I'm glad for the club to have the money.

The rules on streaming up to this season were a bit daft at our level. There would have been a source of extra income for clubs right there. Most clubs have fans who live well away from their home stadium who would be happy to pay to watch a stream.

30 minutes ago, rockson said:

I hope streaming doesn't end before the season does. I usually don't get to home games as I live at least 2 hours away by car. I bought a season ticket for this season precisely because I could watch the games from home. I would feel short-changed if the streaming were to stop. But I'm glad for the club to have the money.

The rules on streaming up to this season were a bit daft at our level. There would have been a source of extra income for clubs right there. Most clubs have fans who live well away from their home stadium who would be happy to pay to watch a stream.

They wont be able to stop streaming for this season even if limited fans go back. Your money and viewing ability is safe.

2 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

We rode our luck and won with two breakaway goals - you get away with that once, maybe twice a season.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I think that's harsh. Yes Chris Smith pulled off an outstanding save that day but we were good value for the win imo. Played some nice football, defended well and restricted their chances. As away performances go it was exactly what you'd be looking for.

I don't know the costs of streaming games but I'm sure if away games were streamed,  there would be bigger "attendances". Many folk can't afford the considerable cost of away games but would be able to stand the £10-£12 if they were available on a stream. From my point of view, I go to a few away games per season but am unable to go to every one due to other commitments. I would be interested in streams were they available..