Sons' sorrow

5 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Was he actually any good for us? Feels like a lifetime ago. Recall he scored a double on his debut but don’t remember much after that. 

He'd be a huge improvement on the wide players we have and someone who can create, even if he did drift out of games.

I'd be delighted with Frizzell coming back. I think he maybe suffered a wee bit from A) Not being Dom Thomas and B) His unplayable debut. But he was a good player, and it's no surprise that some of our best performances last season came with him in the team. 

He's creative and skilful, has experienced at a higher level and has plenty of energy and pace. That's something we've been crying out for. 

Been thinking on it, if Frizzell comes in I'm not even sure I'd start him out wide.

Dabrowski

Wardrop -- McGeever -- Neill -- Quitongo

Carswell -- Wedderburn

Reilly -- Frizzell -- Crossan

Denny

I think that looks pretty decent, gives you plenty of pace and Wedderburn/Carswell can sit at all times, allowing Wardrop and Quitongo to get forward on the overlap. Also gives you the option of playing Forbes centrally and moving Frizzell wide if we wanted to. 

An update on the replica kits is on the os. https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4629

It says that we could be in line to wear the away kit for the first time against Airdrie on Saturday. I realise sometimes the away kit will be worn when not required due to contractual obligations but why would we wear one when it also forces our opponents to switch their kit too?

1 minute ago, microdave said:

An update on the replica kits is on the os. https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4629

It says that we could be in line to wear the away kit for the first time against Airdrie on Saturday. I realise sometimes the away kit will be worn when not required due to contractual obligations but why would we wear one when it also forces our opponents to switch their kit too?

I'm not sure we'll have any contractual obligation to wear our away top? Sponsor is the same on home and away, so they get the same exposure regardless of what top we wear. Might be that Airdrie have an obligation to wear theirs and we're just happy to accommodate. Would seem daft for both clubs to change for no reason.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not sure we'll have any contractual obligation to wear our away top? Sponsor is the same on home and away, so they get the same exposure regardless of what top we wear. Might be that Airdrie have an obligation to wear theirs and we're just happy to accommodate. Would seem daft for both clubs to change for no reason.

I thought most kit manufacturers had a stipulation that an away kit had to be worn e.g. in 20% of games for a bit of exposure that could lead to sales of said kit. Maybe we don't have that and it's only for big clubs like Clyde!

26 minutes ago, microdave said:

I thought most kit manufacturers had a stipulation that an away kit had to be worn e.g. in 20% of games for a bit of exposure that could lead to sales of said kit. Maybe we don't have that and it's only for big clubs like Clyde!

I highly doubt our team wearing the top has any affect on sales but you may well be right.

52 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Posts I didn't ever imagine making.

I see that Michael Paton and Gerry McCabe are the new interim management team at Brechin City. There's a popular duo with Sons fans...

Paton was one of those players you really wanted to do well but was, quite frankly, pish. 

McCabe signed Dobbie and that act alone means I won't hear a bad word against him. 

Posts I didn't ever imagine making.
I see that Michael Paton and Gerry McCabe are the new interim management team at Brechin City. There's a popular duo with Sons fans...
I really feel for Brechin right now and I hope the Paton/McCabe combo can lift them. A friendly club with one of the most quirky grounds in football. Their current plight is a salutary warning of what can happen when a club starts to slide - that and Cowden's handbrake turn.