Sons' sorrow

On 12/10/2020 at 08:30, Howlin' Wilf said:

IMG_0847.jpg
Fifty years ago today, a Charlie Gallagher penalty and a Kenny Wilson header cancelled out two early Bobby Lennox goals to force the League Cup semi-final replay into extra time, against the European Cup Final runners up.
I was there.

img987.jpg

Does anyone know what is going on with the kits? I’ve had someone I know (a non Sons supporting friend) looking to buy one for ages now and other than finding out we have a new sponsor a number of weeks ago there has been hee haw mentioned about when they are due to be available for sale. 

We are lucky the folk who pre ordered them a number of months ago have been extremely patient. We’ve taken cash off of them and they could be looking at having a new kit that will be out of date 6 months after they receive it. 

I'm a bit pissed off with the comments from a couple of Dumbarton FC posters from yesterday. I don't work for Dumbarton FC so they have no say in what I post, seriously didn't want to cause problems but thought my experience could help you guys out to get to grips with what is happening. I wasn't allowed to post when I was an employee and got pulled up a couple of times for posting as I was getting snitched on by someone who will remain nameless. My point is if the majority don't want me to post I will shut my account down. I certainly wasn't trying to put anyone under a bus as was posted. [emoji2369] Apologies if you think I was ott in my posts.

I'm a bit pissed off with the comments from a couple of Dumbarton FC posters from yesterday. I don't work for Dumbarton FC so they have no say in what I post, seriously didn't want to cause problems but thought my experience could help you guys out to get to grips with what is happening. I wasn't allowed to post when I was an employee and got pulled up a couple of times for posting as I was getting snitched on by someone who will remain nameless. My point is if the majority don't want me to post I will shut my account down. I certainly wasn't trying to put anyone under a bus as was posted. [emoji2369] Apologies if you think I was ott in my posts.
I don't think there is any need for any apology DR, and I hope you continue to post on here. Far from interpreting your contributions yesterday as 'see, telt ye' type posts or trying to undermine your successor, my take was that I was viewing the genuine frustrations of someone who is very well acquainted with the problems of our pitch and who had probably made previous representations on the subject which probably led to a parting of the ways. I'm surmising here as I genuinely don't know the ins and outs, but I suspect that money, or the lack of it, is the bottom line here. And that would take us into the club's chronic situation under the current owners.

19 hours ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

I'm a bit pissed off with the comments from a couple of Dumbarton FC posters from yesterday. I don't work for Dumbarton FC so they have no say in what I post, seriously didn't want to cause problems but thought my experience could help you guys out to get to grips with what is happening. I wasn't allowed to post when I was an employee and got pulled up a couple of times for posting as I was getting snitched on by someone who will remain nameless. My point is if the majority don't want me to post I will shut my account down. I certainly wasn't trying to put anyone under a bus as was posted. emoji2369.png Apologies if you think I was ott in my posts.

Do you think the problem on Saturday was the pitch not being verti-drained before the weekend? How often does the pitch need verti-drained?

Looking online, quotes for verti-draining a pitch seem around £300. That doesn't seem a monstrous figure to me but perhaps I'm missing something.

100%.

Do you think the problem on Saturday was the pitch not being verti-drained before the weekend? How often does the pitch need verti-drained?
Looking online, quotes for verti-draining a pitch seem around £300. That doesn't seem a monstrous figure to me but perhaps I'm missing something.

I had got into a routine of vertidraining in October, end of December and a final one end of Feb beginning of March. They are in the pitch budget. I would have vertidrained it the Sunday after the Dunfermline game, especially with back to back games this week. I was still surprised with the amount of water sitting on it. Normally doesn't go that bad until it gets ripped up a bit and the grass isn't as thick it is just now. Maybe it's starting to struggle with all the training sessions on it. That's just a guess as I haven't been on it. I might have came across wrongly at the weekend, I'm certainly not a disgruntled ex employee.