Sons' sorrow

32 minutes ago, the snudge said:

How have folks been accessing it platform wise and which is best? Would the ps4 be the best bet or a laptop? 

Cheers Sartipooh for keeping us updated BTW. The club have been awesome during this time, Antonia in the office is quick to get back to you.

I’ve watched 2 of the games on a firestick via the firefox browser and the other on my laptop through firefox. All of them have worked fine.

16 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Absolutely every fan I've seen watching a Pixellot stream has said it's lagging, it amazes me they just deny it's an issue. Hopefully it gets worked out because for me it's the only problem at the moment. 

If there had been a goal in the Forfar game you would have known about it before seeing it because the sounds were well ahead of the action

8 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

If there had been a goal in the Forfar game you would have known about it before seeing it because the sounds were well ahead of the action

Yeah, it's been the same for every match I've watched so far, after about 5 minutes the footage lags about 1-2 seconds behind. Would hope it can be sorted but it's not something that would stop me watching.

I spoke to Jaime Wilson last week, and what a nice young man he was. I really hope he proves to be the goalscorer that we badly need at the moment.

I'd appreciate it if you could all click on the link below and pretend to read the article. Each click gets a starving journalist one more cornflake.

Clicky

Just to remind fans again to ignore the access code bit on the streaming site.

Clyde had a few issues with season ticket holders thinking they needed an access code and I've seen a Facebook post there with fans thinking they need one for ours.

The admins of the site have gave the season ticket holders access already so all they need to do sign up and sign in.

If you can share the message with ST holders who might not be on this that would be appreciated. I'll see if the club can maybe put out a post as well on this.

Reilly is another signing who really doesn’t fill me with confidence.

FWIW he was actually signed up to play for Glenafton Athletic this season in the new West of Scotland League setup before they pulled out. 

More than willing to give him a chance and he may turn out to be decent but I’d be lying if I said I thought he was the type of quality we need at the minute.

I still think Duffy needs to change our shape and go with a back 3 and wingbacks.

We don't have creativity in midfield. We dont have good enough wide players. We have a solid defence, can bog down the middle of the park with 2 grafting midfielders and the option of a big striker and more mobile striker up front. Our squad screams out back 3 and using Quitongo and Wardrop as wingbacks. Play Carswell, Wedderburn and somebody in central midfield. Play Crossan and somebody up front. Gives us rotation options with Jones and Wilson for up front and Langan and Forbes for midfield. Either could drop back as a fill in centre half if needed.

We just don't have the natural width or creativity to play another formation.

I still think Duffy needs to change our shape and go with a back 3 and wingbacks.
We don't have creativity in midfield. We dont have good enough wide players. We have a solid defence, can bog down the middle of the park with 2 grafting midfielders and the option of a big striker and more mobile striker up front. Our squad screams out back 3 and using Quitongo and Wardrop as wingbacks. Play Carswell, Wedderburn and somebody in central midfield. Play Crossan and somebody up front. Gives us rotation options with Jones and Wilson for up front and Langan and Forbes for midfield. Either could drop back as a fill in centre half if needed.
I've no great argument with this, but I'd rather the name Langan didn't appear.

4 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I'm not convinced just changing to a back 3 would work. Players need weeks of training and games to bed in a new system, for PT teams this is extra difficult. It may work long term but we could easily go thru a good number of weeks looking disjointed. We would also need the 2 wing backs to do a hell of a lot of work, they need to be the fittest 2 guys in the team, if one or both is injured who replaces them?

13 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

I'm not convinced just changing to a back 3 would work. Players need weeks of training and games to bed in a new system, for PT teams this is extra difficult. It may work long term but we could easily go thru a good number of weeks looking disjointed. We would also need the 2 wing backs to do a hell of a lot of work, they need to be the fittest 2 guys in the team, if one or both is injured who replaces them?

The kid we signed from the highlands is supposed to be able to cover on either flank.