Sons' sorrow

So with the start of the season now upon us we enter the first game of the shortened season with only 15 (potentially 14) available players. I know Duffy is a decent gaffer and that but my god is he frustrating when it comes to building a squad. We must currently have the most underprepared squad in the entire SPFL. 

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

So with the start of the season now upon us we enter the first game of the shortened season with only 15 (potentially 14) available players. I know Duffy is a decent gaffer and that but my god is he frustrating when it comes to building a squad. We must currently have the most underprepared squad in the entire SPFL. 

This isnt just a Duffy thing. How often did Aitken spunk the budget on a few bigger signings, only to find our squad really thin and unbalanced? It seems to be typical of Dumbarton and it's almost certainly a budget thing. Successive managers have tried to pick up bargains late on in the day when their first or even second choice options may not have happened. We end up shopping for players who couldn't get the deals they wanted elsewhere. Sometimes it works for us but it's a gamble and it renders the very early part of the season - primarily Betfred and the first few league games - really frustrating to watch.

I’ve a mate, who’s less than thrilled with any of our signings, I know he does it to get a ride out of me, but elements of truths in his arguments, I.e, Wilson and Morrison playing at highland league level, and jumping up to league 1.

And how we can’t sign better, when clubs around us seem to be signing better with similar budgets, or do they?
I’m always erring on the positive side of any signing that comes in, until I’ve watched them for a bit.

Anyone know the budgets on league 1?

How do the ten clubs fund their budgets for the season? I know we don’t have a social club, Or a betting firm behind us

3 minutes ago, optimistic said:

I’ve a mate, who’s less than thrilled with any of our signings, I know he does it to get a ride out of me

You behave yourself and keep your private life off the forums. 

We defo need numbers in. Nae doubt. 14 players isn't good enough.

I was thinking today might be a good guide to see how good the first 11 is.

But i'm also thinking  this league is mental and anyone can get a result against anyone so f**k knows.

I’ve a mate, who’s less than thrilled with any of our signings, I know he does it to get a ride out of me, but elements of truths in his arguments, I.e, Wilson and Morrison playing at highland league level, and jumping up to league 1.

And how we can’t sign better, when clubs around us seem to be signing better with similar budgets, or do they?
I’m always erring on the positive side of any signing that comes in, until I’ve watched them for a bit.

Anyone know the budgets on league 1?

How do the ten clubs fund their budgets for the season? I know we don’t have a social club, Or a betting firm behind us

Don’t know how they all fund themselves but I think I can say with certainty that we will be the only club where the owners contribute absolutely nothing

Lorenzo on other thread suggested we are short of a couple of decent midfielders. Whilst not disagreeing would have thought with 18 we might be just about at the max we can budget. 
add to that level we are getting is probably short of what we would like but we just hope we get lucky with one or two of them. 

1 hour ago, aftershocker said:

Does anyone know how the season tickets work for watching home games? Will we get a single code for the whole season or a unique one for each game?

There's an article on the OS about it. Send them an email and they email back the inrstructions to join up.

All going well fans will be able to buy this weekend's stream from midday tomorrow.

Season ticket holders signing in will already have access for the game so all you need to do is log in.

People making one off payments it'll be similar to the Forfar game. Just log in and pay.

You can just ignore the access code part unless the club has specifically sent you one.

We have a working scoreboard and timer to add to our commentary now. 

We've been assured the bug from the Pars game is fixed and last weekend's games all went pretty smoothly but I'd log in nice and early just to be safe.

Commentary might go out of sync again as Pixellot currently don't think there's an issue there, but there is. I've got a few ideas how to fix it but stadium is closed till the weekend so hopefully can sort it for Airdrie game but you never know it might just stay in time.

If anyone has any trouble logging in or anything else just give me a shout on here or email the club and we'll get it sorted.

20 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

Commentary might go out of sync again as Pixellot currently don't think there's an issue there, but there is. 

That appears to be twice now they've said they don't know how things are going wrong. A bit worrying but the streams (aside from this slight issue) have been completely fine for me. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

That appears to be twice now they've said they don't know how things are going wrong. A bit worrying but the streams (aside from this slight issue) have been completely fine for me. 

I'm watching the streams as well and personally for me the audio being out isn't great but I can live with it but I totally understand why it would annoy a lot of fans.

And the club are paying good money for it so they have every right to demand Pixellot get it working.

We've brought it to their attention and hopefully the other clubs have/will and they'll see there's a wee issue there that needs to be addressed and can't just kid on it doesn't it exist.

10 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

I'm watching the streams as well and personally for me the audio being out isn't great but I can live with it but I totally understand why it would annoy a lot of fans.

And the club are paying good money for it so they have every right to demand Pixellot get it working.

We've brought it to their attention and hopefully the other clubs have/will and they'll see there's a wee issue there that needs to be addressed and can't just kid on it doesn't it exist.

Absolutely every fan I've seen watching a Pixellot stream has said it's lagging, it amazes me they just deny it's an issue. Hopefully it gets worked out because for me it's the only problem at the moment. 

How have folks been accessing it platform wise and which is best? Would the ps4 be the best bet or a laptop? 

Cheers Sartipooh for keeping us updated BTW. The club have been awesome during this time, Antonia in the office is quick to get back to you.

25 minutes ago, the snudge said:

How have folks been accessing it platform wise and which is best? Would the ps4 be the best bet or a laptop? 

Cheers Sartipooh for keeping us updated BTW. The club have been awesome during this time, Antonia in the office is quick to get back to you.

Laptop and HDMI cable to the telly been great for me so far.