Sons' sorrow

Price announced for Saturday's Cup game v Clyde. 

One thing that's really annoying is having to sign up to Clyde's online service. Both are done via Pixellot. Would have been far better if a single Pixellot user account could be used to purchase all streams, with any money brought in paid to the home team, or split as per cup regulations. Having to sign up to 7 or 8 teams streaming services when they're mostly Pixellot will be annoying and will probably put me off streaming away games. 

Looking ahead to tomorrow (and assuming Jaime Wilson's clearance doesn't come through) I'd be tempted to see us go with something like this:

Kevin Dabrowski

Sam Wardrop Ryan McGeever Morgyn Neill Rico Quitongo

Ross Forbes Stuart Carswell Chris Hamilton PJ Crossan

Robert Jones Denny Johnstone

It was abundantly clear on Tuesday night that we needed a wee bit more going forward, but it was also clear that PJ was our dangerman and that Johnstone really came onto a game when he had big Jonesy up there supporting him. I liked the look of Chris Hamilton and think if we're going to go for a more attacking 4-4-2 then we need his mobility in there rather than Wedderburn and Carsy. Big Nat showed some nice touches and knocked the ball about well, but his heat map must've been concentrated around the centre circle. A two man central midfield with Forbes and Crossan wide would get ran all over without Hamilton to eat up the ground.

That team on paper actually doesn't look to shabby at all. With only Smith, Langan and Wedderburn on the bench though we are chronically short of options. Another bad injury would be much worse than a defeat imo.

13 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

One thing that's really annoying is having to sign up to Clyde's online service. Both are done via Pixellot. Would have been far better if a single Pixellot user account could be used to purchase all streams, with any money brought in paid to the home team, or split as per cup regulations. Having to sign up to 7 or 8 teams streaming services when they're mostly Pixellot will be annoying and will probably put me off streaming away games. 

I’m sure you and the rest of us will be making as many Pix registrations as necessary if our league form starts to show some promise and we threaten to pick up points every other week. 

3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Looking ahead to tomorrow (and assuming Jaime Wilson's clearance doesn't come through) I'd be tempted to see us go with something like this:

Kevin Dabrowski

Sam Wardrop Ryan McGeever Morgyn Neill Rico Quitongo

Ross Forbes Stuart Carswell Chris Hamilton PJ Crossan

Robert Jones Denny Johnstone

It was abundantly clear on Tuesday night that we needed a wee bit more going forward, but it was also clear that PJ was our dangerman and that Johnstone really came onto a game when he had big Jonesy up there supporting him. I liked the look of Chris Hamilton and think if we're going to go for a more attacking 4-4-2 then we need his mobility in there rather than Wedderburn and Carsy. Big Nat showed some nice touches and knocked the ball about well, but his heat map must've been concentrated around the centre circle. A two man central midfield with Forbes and Crossan wide would get ran all over without Hamilton to eat up the ground.

That team on paper actually doesn't look to shabby at all. With only Smith, Langan and Wedderburn on the bench though we are chronically short of options. Another bad injury would be much worse than a defeat imo.

I'd like to see us try a back 3. Neil, McGeever and Hamilton. Play Wardrop and Quitongoas wingbacks because they're our only real width.

Midfield duo of Carswell and A.N Other. Could make a case for Wedderburn or Langan.

Johnstone up front with Jones and Crossan given licence to roam from their positions. Whichever one isnt roaming would support Denny as a 2nd striker.

4 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I'd like to see us try a back 3. Neil, McGeever and Hamilton. Play Wardrop and Quitongoas wingbacks because they're our only real width.

Midfield duo of Carswell and A.N Other. Could make a case for Wedderburn or Langan.

Johnstone up front with Jones and Crossan given licence to roam from their positions. Whichever one isnt roaming would support Denny as a 2nd striker.

I don't disagree. I actually thought we might play a back three when Hamilton came in, but it seems both Duffy and Neilson view him as a centre-mid. You have given me an idea though...

If we were to go to a back three then I'd play Wedderburn at centre-half.

McGeever and Neill are solid big meat and potatoes centre-backs, but we've really lacked a defender to play out from the back since Mango left. It hurt us last season because we bypassed the midfield a lot and it was evident again on Tuesday night. Dropping Wedderburn into there for a bit of ball playing ability at the back, then playing Hamilton and Carswell behind Forbes (who could be given a bit of freedom to roam about) in midfield with Crossan/Johnstone/Jones up top could be interesting.

Dabrowski also looked quite keen to play out with short passes and throws. Between him, Wedderburn, Carswell, Forbes and Johnstone we'd have a pretty good ball-playing spine of a team there.

36 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I don't disagree. I actually thought we might play a back three when Hamilton came in, but it seems both Duffy and Neilson view him as a centre-mid. You have given me an idea though...

If we were to go to a back three then I'd play Wedderburn at centre-half.

McGeever and Neill are solid big meat and potatoes centre-backs, but we've really lacked a defender to play out from the back since Mango left. It hurt us last season because we bypassed the midfield a lot and it was evident again on Tuesday night. Dropping Wedderburn into there for a bit of ball playing ability at the back, then playing Hamilton and Carswell behind Forbes (who could be given a bit of freedom to roam about) in midfield with Crossan/Johnstone/Jones up top could be interesting.

Dabrowski also looked quite keen to play out with short passes and throws. Between him, Wedderburn, Carswell, Forbes and Johnstone we'd have a pretty good ball-playing spine of a team there.

I think that a back 3 would help us with squad options. Carswell and Wedderburn could both play as an aggressive sweeper to help 2 more traditional centre half players in Neil and McGeever. Would give us flexibility at the back and make up for our lack of wide options.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

I've known for weeks that I won't be able to view tomorrow's game, but even if I was I'd be a bit nonplussed at this suggestion that for whatever reason Pixellot may be operating on some sort of 'first come, first served' basis. I hope they smooth this out quickly as folk are obviously keen to support it.

I’m not too arsed about having to register for each clubs stream, it takes about 30 seconds and you can just use the same details. It’s probably an easier and quick way of clubs controlling things invidually as well. Even though we are mostly all using the same system there would probably be a fair bit of work involved in creating an all in one platform type deal, it may be something that they can implement in the future but it’s not something that would put me off watching a game. If we weren’t all using Pixelot we’d have do that anyway.

On 08/10/2020 at 21:15, BallochSonsFan said:

Easily annoyed eh? 😂😂😂

11 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I dont really want to open my email up to spam from the other League One clubs. 

Dearie me. What a state to get yourself into. Avoiding watching the team you support due to “spam emails”. 

I dont really want to open my email up to spam from the other League One clubs. 

If you are that bothered about it, just create a new email address specifically for these sites and any other sites you expect to get spam emails from.

Every club needs all the support they can get right now and watching streams is a good way to do that.