Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, sons superhero said:

Agree with this totally.

Totally agree with you and Lorenzo and others. It's that unusual business of football, having a supporter versus a customer. 

I also saw the messages from Albion, Annan and Morton who had the similar Pixellot issue. I see our statement reiterates the point the while it won't fully make up for missing live streaming,  the full game is up there to view. I bought a subscription, got in early last night and watched no problem.  I've also been back in this morning.  Are most people who subscribed able to go back in and watch ? 

To the commentary team and those who had done all the testing well done. Must have been a sickener that all the hard work was, in some fans cases, negated by the 3rd party issue.      

Similar here - I will only seek a refund from Pixellot, not the club. I watched some of the match this morning and the picture quality was superb. The commentary was spot on and they clearly did their homework on both teams. I thought, from the small amount I managed to watch, that we played quite well, looked nice and tidy in the middle and the defence seemed to be quite calm and controlled - no real bomb scares, although I read on here that Rico was looking a little rusty in the second half.

I will definitely be logging on every week.

5 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Just in case it was missed in all the livestreaming fun and games, we have signed striker Jaime Wilson who featured in pre-season. Ex ICT kid who had a spell with Rothes before heading to Northcote City in Australia. Duffy confirmed it last night but said that we are waiting for clearance and I clocked him in the stand during the game. I'm reliably informed by my Highland sources that he's "a dream strike partner who'll get you 10-12 goals a season." Has a decent turn of pace and some workrate apparently.

Here he is scoring some goals for Northcote...I've no idea what standard they are at, but I reckon he's worth a punt.

Really hope we get clearance soon as we need more bodies in the door.Happy with another striker but we need 2 more in midfield  including a winger).No idea if the budget will stretch so far but we need that at least.

Really hope we get clearance soon as we need more bodies in the door.Happy with another striker but we need 2 more in midfield  including a winger).No idea if the budget will stretch so far but we need that at least.
Absolutely. I've no doubt that retaining a number of last season's squad avoided the customary headless chicken performance in the opening fixture - the defensive organisation was evidence of this - but with McKee gone we are currently reliant on Forbes for any creative spark in midfield. The lad Wilson looks to be a useful addition but a pacy midfielder with some football would be equally welcome, and a possible antidote to back-four hoofball. I'm sure JD is on it.

16 minutes ago, the snudge said:

We need linked with an exotic sounding foreigner. There's been a distinct lack of that in this window. 

How many different nationalities have played for the Sons?

Turbo 🇮🇸

Froxy 🇨🇾

Obidele 🇳🇬

Norwegian student fella who's name escapes me. 🇳🇴

Pritz 🇸🇪

Quitongo Snr 🇦🇴

Edited by PWL