Sons' sorrow

Was one of the lucky ones who got the stream last night, logged in just over an hour before.
Really enjoyed the stream quality, commentary was decent and showed good knowledge of us which is always welcome. The camera didn't really f**k up at any stage.

Shane that the 3rd party servers couldn't cope, hope you don't miss out on any of the cash.

On the Son's team... That boy Jones looks like a hell of a find in his physique and pace (for his height). Nobody else stuck out, except Quitongo second half who was getting roasted.

20 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Was one of the lucky ones who got the stream last night, logged in just over an hour before.
Really enjoyed the stream quality, commentary was decent and showed good knowledge of us which is always welcome. The camera didn't really f**k up at any stage.

Shane that the 3rd party servers couldn't cope, hope you don't miss out on any of the cash.

On the Son's team... That boy Jones looks like a hell of a find in his physique and pace (for his height). Nobody else stuck out, except Quitongo second half who was getting roasted.

I always knew I'd find an excuse to sit and research lower league squads for an afternoon, so I'm glad it paid off! The last thing I wanted to be was one of the awful club media commentators who refers to opposition players as "the defender" "the goalkeeper" and so on.

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I always knew I'd find an excuse to sit and research lower league squads for an afternoon, so I'm glad it paid off! The last thing I wanted to be was one of the awful club media commentators who refers to opposition players as "the defender" "the goalkeeper" and so on.

A long time ago, I did commentary for our highlights package for a Challenge Cup game against Arbroath. (turns out in the end the mic wasn't working so well!) and I had to get through with only recognising 3 of the Arbroath team the whole match. 😬

Just now, Stellaboz said:

A long time ago, I did commentary for our highlights package for a Challenge Cup game against Arbroath. (turns out in the end the mic wasn't working so well!) and I had to get through with only recognising 3 of the Arbroath team the whole match. 😬

Oaft. I would've been a rambling mess attempting that.

Hopefully some communication from Pixellot for those who didn't get on last night. I'm sure the club will share this if and when it comes.

For those who got the stream did everyone experience the delay between the visuals and audio?

I was monitoring the stream in the boardroom last night. I was probably 1/2 a second out at best and then second half I was closer to 2 seconds out I'd say.

We'll work on this and get it tidied up for the Clyde game.

Edited by sarti pooh

11 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

For those who got the stream did everyone experience the delay between the visuals and audio?

As you say, was maybe only a second and not really severe enough to cause any issues.

The product I received was probably better than I expected and was worth the money. 

Thanks for your efforts. 

5 minutes ago, Highland Son said:

Very disappointed not to be able to see any of the match. I hope for an early statement from the club or the supposed providers.

Pixellot have just issued a statement saying sorry and the club have confirmed they will issue refunds once it's clarified who didn't get access.

1 hour ago, Highland Son said:

Very disappointed not to be able to see any of the match. I hope for an early statement from the club or the supposed providers.

There was a statement up online this morning, and Pixellot issued one last night.

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4595

I always had my doubts that Pixelot’s servers could cope with demand and that proved to be the case. They will need to sort it very quickly. I think to begin with the best tactic is to register and pay well in advance of the game and get everything loaded and working well before kick off. I just hope folk remain patient for the first few weeks and appreciate it will take a bit of time to get everything working perfectly.

Despite the fairly major server issues I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t impressed with what was served up by the automated system. There were a couple of times it strayed (it really struggles with kick off for some reason) but for the most part it worked really well. I’d have no issues tuning into that on a weekly basis until we’re allowed back in.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Pixellot have just issued a statement saying sorry and the club have confirmed they will issue refunds once it's clarified who didn't get access.

Better be Pixellot who put up the cash for the refunds and the club still get the cash. We need every penny at the moment and can not afford to lose the money due to their issue.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I will gladly accept a refund if it comes from Pixellot but wouldn't take money back off the club.If there is a refund it should be Pixellot who refund, not DFC.

Just in case it was missed in all the livestreaming fun and games, we have signed striker Jaime Wilson who featured in pre-season. Ex ICT kid who had a spell with Rothes before heading to Northcote City in Australia. Duffy confirmed it last night but said that we are waiting for clearance and I clocked him in the stand during the game. I'm reliably informed by my Highland sources that he's "a dream strike partner who'll get you 10-12 goals a season." Has a decent turn of pace and some workrate apparently.

Here he is scoring some goals for Northcote...I've no idea what standard they are at, but I reckon he's worth a punt.