Sons' sorrow

Thought we looked ok defensively. A few wobbly moments that should be fixed with more gametime.

Toothless in attack mind you. Desperately need another few options especially if McCluskey is out for a bit. Shoulder injury by the looks of it.

Not wishing to rub folks faces in it but that all worked well for me. Slight delay in pic over commentary but nothing that caused any real problems. Camera followed the action and no buffering.

Thought the two lads did a cracking job too. Well done @Jan Vojáček

2 minutes ago, PWL said:

Not wishing to rub folks faces in it but that all worked well for me. Slight delay in pic over commentary but nothing that caused any real problems. Camera followed the action and no buffering.

Thought the two lads did a cracking job too. Well done @Jan Vojáček

Thought service was really good too, no problems, great job done by everyone involved in setting up stream

I think Dabrowski looks a real find. I know whenever we think we've found a decent keeper, it seems to go the other way but I think he could be the real deal. I'm thinking I might put a bet on him as an anytime scorer if it's windy because his kickouts are huge. Johnstone didn't have much to do but I liked what I saw of him. He's also taller than I thought he would be. Hopeful that he can be an asset if he can stay injury free. 

Rico had a bit of a nightmare but maybe that's what he's like when lacking match fitness. He wasn't the best at the beginning of last season which was put down to him being at this level for the first time. I'm now thinking he is a slow starter and he'll come good like he did last season.

With the exception of the server issue which obviously affected a number of potential viewers I was impressed with the broadcast quality and commentary and I would echo the praise above.  

In terms of the game, it was mostly predictable, but it was galling to lose to a penalty which was nothing short of ridiculous - if football continues down this crazy path then it will take more than Pixie Lott to save it.  We had several decent performances and some not so decent; if we learned anything then we're going to need more bodies in, preferably with some pace and a bit of football.

I was one of the fortunate ones that found no problems with the stream. Thought it was excellent coverage, well done to everyone involved in setting it up and getting it up and running.
Hopefully I’m not speaking too soon but it is encouraging to see that we may have a player in big Dubrowski, especially after the absolute duds such as Grant Adam we have endured in recent years. Seems confident and a great presence at the back and will settle the back 4 even more, pulled off some good saves to some tricky balls in and attempts on goal tonight also.
I was impressed by Johnstone up top who looks intelligent, has good movement and linked up play well at times, especially when Jones came on beside him. I still think we need an attacking minded midfielder though but can’t say I’m disheartened by defeat tonight at all, some good spells of play and competed well with a decent full time side for the duration of the game. Positives to be taken from the fact they needed a dodgy penalty to beat us.

The thing with the penalty is that the law is the same at both ends of the pitch. We'll gain as many as we'll lose (hopefully) but it's the same for everyone. There's been enough uproar from the EPL already this season that I'm confident it'll change for next season. In the meantime, we just have to suck it up.

Really good coverage for me, well done to Jan and his pal who I'll forgive his Dabravka/Dabrowski slip up for this week only :P 

Thought we looked better when Jones came on and PJ moved wide. Denny got on the ball more and PJ is better running at defenders than he is with his back to them. As much as he wants to play through the middle he's clearly best suited on the left side of a front 3, which could be a possibility if Jamie Wilson can play on the other side of Denny but he's largely an unknown quantity. We desperate need a midfielder to fill Joe Mckee's space and a wide player. I'm sure Duffy is aware of that after tonight though after having to play central defender Hamilton at right mid. 

We've had worse run outs in this competition. 

Edited by The Moonster

My page seemed to flash up saying error when I was processing payment - I clicked again and it has charged me twice for it. Which would be fine if it sent a code to access and I could've passed it to someone else for use. Given it is through my account I'm disappointed it's even possible to be charged twice. Will make contact to look for a refund tomorrow.

Otherwise a reasonable service and little issues. Frustrating to lose to such a  debatable pen and felt in the 2nd half we played some nice stuff without creating too much. Just lacking a little quality throughout but flashes of what is to come hopefully!

I'm knackered after tonight, but in a good way. Thanks so much to everyone for all the comments, I'd never co-commed on a game in my life before that - but I really enjoyed it. Felt very natural and, above all else, it was just good have a chat with my pal who I haven't seen in yonks...albeit with you lot listening in!

The first I heard about the Pixellot issues was at HT, but I couldn't be prouder of how things went from a Sons point-of-view. Everything we had control of went far better than I had feared it might, and that's testament to the guys who weren't stealing the limelight like I was. 

It was surreal commenting on a game a few feet from Jim Duffy in the stand, and it took us both a wee while to get comfortable talking where everyone could hear us. Once we got up and running it was good fun though, and I hope our personalities came across in the broadcast. From the Vojaceks at home it sounded like the camera didn't let us down much either - so that was another bonus. We didn't have a monitor so had no idea what you guys could see at home.

The game itself wasn't great. I can only echo the comments about Dabrowski. You'll know what I mean when you see him live, but he just has the impressive sort of aura around him. Its intimidating and exactly what you want from a keeper.

When Jones came on he really brought Denny into the game and the two of them showed promising signs. I liked the look of Hamilton too. 

On the negative front Langan and McCluskey really didn't work out wide. Neither offered much threat and poor Ruaridih seriously struggled in the position he was in. 

McGeever and Rico had a few sloppy moments too, but we'll put that down to rustiness and nothing more. 

We need a bit of creativity in the final third and a bit more pace. Hopefully between them that's something Jaime Wilson and Ross Forbes can bring.

A decent few reasons to be positive and no reason why we can't have a solid enough season this year. Few teams in L1 can match the attacking firepower Dunfermline had tonight, and we restricted them to one goal from a dodgy penalty.

Edited by Jan Vojáček