Sons' sorrow

Hi folks just to keep everyone in the loop.

It's very much half and half.

Some getting a really good stream and some getting the Internal server issue message.

This is a Pixellot issue and they've accepted this. They are working on their end to correct this.

Will try keep everyone posted with updates.

21 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

Hi folks just to keep everyone in the loop.

It's very much half and half.

Some getting a really good stream and some getting the Internal server issue message.

This is a Pixellot issue and they've accepted this. They are working on their end to correct this.

Will try keep everyone posted with updates.

If pixellot are at fault,  does that mean fan refunds but clubs still get the cash?   Despite my ranting it would be a shame if the clubs got nothing from this just because they are are a shambles.

Edited by parsforlife

1 minute ago, super-son said:

So, question for anyone who has actually been able to view the stream...

How is the team looking?

Very disjointed. We appear to be deploying Langan and McCluskey in the wider positions and both of them look miles off it. The defence looks fairly solid and I can hear big Dabrowski screaming from my livingroom. I think I like him. 

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

If pixellot are at fault,  does that mean fan refunds but clubs still get the cash?   Despite my ranting it would be a shame of the clubs got nothing from this just because they are are a shambles.

You would hope so.

45 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Are the commentary team taking requests?

It doesnt feel right watching a Dumbarton home game without "hooligan" or "where were you when the brains were getting handed out?".

Certainly plenty of room in the stand for the referee to come up an watch himself.

Dad?

I've been lucky enough to be logged in and working all game. A couple of observations about the stream:

- Camera tracking the action has been generally decent, although at times it does wander about a wee bit and that ends up looking really floaty. Zooms out from time to time too. Gives the impression of being at the football when you're half cut.

- Sound is out of sync. Heard the ball cross the line for their goal just as the scorer was taking the penalty.

- Clock and on screen score. Not really working properly as the clock was way out of sync and it took a while for the score to update.

- Resolution was fine early on but has got progressively worse as the game went on. I don't want to change down to 720i in case lose the stream.

- Replays would be nice, but easy enough to replicate as you can drag the video progress bar back to the point you want replayed. Then simply drag it to the very far right to resume the live stream.

Would be good if home games appeared as content that could be viewed again. A lot of folk might want to watch a game again midweek or catch up with one that they couldn't watch live. It's a shame that some folk are having technical issues. Its why I spoke a lot about testing prior to tonight. I'd have liked to have seen us try and stream a friendly or two. Ideally I'd have liked Pixellot to have done a stress test with either several games at the same time and a decent number of test streamers or even for the first round of cup games to have been subsidised by the league as a test event so that fans weren't paying to be guinea pigs. This is it for this season (barring a miracle) so it simply has to work. Hopefully Pixellot learn lessons from the Betfred games. If there's money available to support clubs then a fixed sum should be paid to cover the streaming rights to the next set of cup games at least and allow a proper stress test of the servers with a couple of thousand fans watching at once without worrying about the consequences of technical blips.

On a football viewpoint?

- Penalty was very harsh. Hand/arm was in a natural position and the player was close to the ball. No way he could have avoided it. A few Sons players were rightly angry but talking ourselves into the book isnt acceptable. Need to be able to keep control even if we're angry at a decision.

- Langan isnt working. Its a shame because he's just not suited to what he's being asked to do.

- Clearly we need to sign another 4 or 5 players. The first team as it is will be ok in the league but we really do need some options. Hopefully another couple of players at least on loan.

- I'm not sure if our best formation is this 4-4-2 we're playing tonight or if we could perhaps go 3 at the back? We're not really creating much. Both Rico and Sam are decent enough as wingbacks and Langan is a more central player. We wouldn't even need to make any substitutions if we went 4-3-3 with PJ and Stefan either side of Johnstone or if we went 5-3-2 (almost a 3-4-3), with Stefan playing slightly ahead of a central pairing of Wedderburn and Langan.

I have no idea about computers but if this is happening over all Pixellot streaming sites then I'm a bit worried they've underestimated the demand here. Hopefully it can be fixed quickly because it'll kill us if it locks folk out once a certain point is reached, folk won't put up with that twice. 

Streams been good for me though, same commentary ahead of the game problem but its not too bad that its off putting.

I didnt buy the stream tonight due to work, however see there is some issues. Folk will have a bit of leeway with the 1st game, teething problems and all that. If issues continue after 2, 3 games then folk will not bother and thats revenue down the pan. 

Some dunfermline seethe on twitter mind you..........